Super Teg M

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
Evening boys and girls,

So I just picked up a used Tegiwa M intake from Kurt on these forums, for a bit of a steal in my book. Not to everyones taste I guess but though I'd try it anyway. After a bit of reading up on J. Cals Facebook article on back to back testing of various intakes, he mentioned about the small filter size of the Teg M might be holding it back. That got me thinking about a filter setup that I had in my garage that I'd removed a while ago.

Basically I 3d printed a rudimentary velocity stack at work, which I mated up to a Blox 6" neck filter. I bonded on a section of carbon wound sleeving that we also make at work, just so I could connect it to the intake hose. I tried this on the car and it sounded immense! But then again most open cones do so not such a shocker there. The vtec crossover was just rediculous due to the size. The one criticism it got was that it would probably suffer from heatsoak which is always a great source of debate, but either way a good cold air feed can only improve things. It was only mounted as a trial so I decided to remove it until I could sort something more permanent.

So, I set about to see if I could somehow mate the two intakes together and come up with some kind of hybrid airbox. The blox filter needs to be squashed it a little but lo and behold it fits (in a fashion). So the next challenge is to get it on the car and see what it feels/sounds like. Sadly I don't yet have kpro, but this should be sorted later in the year hopefully. I'll report back once I've had chance to get it on the car, maybe with a sound clip. Just thought I'd share 👍.

wocka

Advanced Member
Look forward to seeing the updates on this setup, great work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ellb123

Since getting a 3D printer ive thought about this myself, glad to see it can be done!

Very interested to hear the results, I might have to have a go of something similar.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Why not just 3d print yourself a set of throttle bodies lol Would sound better as well.

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
The velocity stack was easy enough to model up to match the other parts but I smoothed it all out on the lathe a little. Our printer doesn't have a very fine finish (0.2mm iirc) so might not be necessary with better ones. It's definitely not good enough for ITBs but it's technically do-able!

It's a real shame the opening in the Teg M isn't about 5mm wider otherwise it would fit this filter better but I can make it work. Im going to bond a rubber seal around the base of the filter and make sure it's pulled tightly into the clamp, then make an aluminium strap to support it. I've managed to get hold of a second scuttle panel so I'm happy to start cutting mine up now. Just need a blue intake hose and breather pipe to match my new theme.

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

So after a busy weekend I have now managed to get it on the car. I spent quite some time faffing around cutting the scuttle panel trying to get a decent fit. Its a tight squeeze around the facelift strut brace but its nice and solid once lined up. I used some rubber matting to bridge the gap between the two openings as I couldn't be bothered to start messing around with fibreglass etc.

Some pics of the scuttle...

And finally a couple of the finished article...

In terms of performance increase, hard to say but the throttle response seems very quick. The car just wants to rev noticeably easier than it did previously. The noise it makes is absolutely brilliant, starts with a throaty growl which transforms on crossover. The car feels like it's got a little more up top too perhaps due to the velocity stack. Noise clips to follow later in the week