Supercharged DC5 in mag

jay.dee

Advanced Member
Okay - own up, whose DC5 is to be featured in December's (out Nov 5th)edition of Japanese Performance mag? Licence plate **** YKR?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ok it's me :lol:

Its taken sometime for it to go into print! was done bk in early August!

Can't wait to see the pics :lol:

Mike

(not the only mag to do a feature either :shock: , my works mag has done one, and another Mag has, will wait to see if that gets a mention)

Gary

Advanced Member
Awww nice one been waitin for ages for somethin like this for ages! Mike just looked in the back of this months JPM - very nice - and that issue will hit the streets just as mine will be arriving in the UK, been waitin since August! I've been in touch with Guy over the last couple of months or so since I saw his JRSC CTR in JPM, is that who you went to??? if so could you also tell me anythin else bout your motor especially the suspension - TEIN by any chance cos I was thinkin of goin to him for the heap that is -
JRSC
K-Pro
JR Header
GruppeM Ram charger
ACT clutch and F.W.
TEIN Flex with E.D.F.C. and Camber kit!
Don't worry I'm still gonna get the issue cos I've been a suscriber since issue 1 but I would just appreciate any insight that you could give me on your gains and especially on the sus side of things cos I know blokes who have been disappointed with aftermarket kits,made by very well respected tuning companies,that they've had fitted cos they're too harsh which is why I'm thinkin about the EDFC!
Cheers :D

truffs

good for you mate. Think i saw it in the Jap mag saying that its in Novembers :D C Ant wait 8)

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Gary said:
Awww nice one been waitin for ages for somethin like this for ages! Mike just looked in the back of this months JPM - very nice - and that issue will hit the streets just as mine will be arriving in the UK, been waitin since August! I've been in touch with Guy over the last couple of months or so since I saw his JRSC CTR in JPM, is that who you went to??? if so could you also tell me anythin else bout your motor especially the suspension - TEIN by any chance cos I was thinkin of goin to him for the heap that is -
JRSC
K-Pro
JR Header
GruppeM Ram charger
ACT clutch and F.W.
TEIN Flex with E.D.F.C. and Camber kit!
Don't worry I'm still gonna get the issue cos I've been a suscriber since issue 1 but I would just appreciate any insight that you could give me on your gains and especially on the sus side of things cos I know blokes who have been disappointed with aftermarket kits,made by very well respected tuning companies,that they've had fitted cos they're too harsh which is why I'm thinkin about the EDFC!
Cheers :D
Wont go into too much detail Gary......

I got a lot of help with my projected, and I used Abbey Motorsport for my tuining.

I notice, that Guy is also trying to sell you all the bits he just happens to retail, dont blame him TBH.

But, in my opinion, have a look around, as there is other stuff about, just as good and not as much. For Example, not knocking the GM induction, its very good, but my Injen is £300 cheaper, and got just as good results as the GM for Forced induction. (Even Dan who does the tuning at Abbey was impressed).

As to sus, my own opinion, having reverted bk from D2 coilovers to Spoon Prog springs on OEM dampers, is that unless your going to spend a lot of time on track, coilovers are not worth it (others say the same in private). I the feature, I'm on D2's but had major issues and went through 5 sets of front dampers, D2 now say, they have an issue with the DC5 kit. I am however running front and rear camber adjustment.

Make sure you get the Issue in Nov, your find out more. Your also see I'm a Honda nut - LOL

Mike

Gary

Advanced Member
Ok Mike thanks I appreciate your opinion and I'm well aware that Guy is pushing the stuff that he retails but I think that he is retailing such because he's done his homework on and races Hondas and they are quality items well suited to the application! I have to admit that if I don't choose the GM it would be the Injen cos it draws from outside the eng. bay and bein an open cone design you'd get a nice rip on the cam but I think I'll definately take your advice on the coilovers cos I know way back in issue 3 of JPM a firm called SWR racing modded a JRSC to fit a VTI and they used the original dampers with prog. springs cos they couldn't find any that were better. I went the same way on mine with no diffs it was just that my importer got a Bilstein set-up on his RX7 done by Nishiki in Japan and he sez that he can't believe the difference but unfortunately I don't think it's available for the DC5 in the UK yet.
Anyway thanks Mike and good luck!

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Gary said:
Ok Mike thanks I appreciate your opinion and I'm well aware that Guy is pushing the stuff that he retails but I think that he is retailing such because he's done his homework on and races Hondas and they are quality items well suited to the application!
Gary,

As I said, not knocking Guy...

True, he does due drag racing at Pod etc, not sure if he does trackdays though.

Also, worth looking at over the Pond, for example got an Exedy Stage 2 race clutch, for £230 ish over here shipped. Much cheaper than here in the UK.

Glad I was able to help on the sus front

Mike

Gary

Advanced Member
A race clutch Mike??? is that not a nightmare or you one of the lucky guys who can afford to own a DC5 just for trackdays!

truffs

Ive got a racing clutch as well :D It can be a nightmare in 1st but when they did the trbo conversion etc the standard clutch couldn't take it so it had to be replaced.

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Gary said:
A race clutch Mike??? is that not a nightmare or you one of the lucky guys who can afford to own a DC5 just for trackdays!
The Tegs my Fun Car, all will be revealed in the mag feature :wink:

Mike

kaz6160

=D> :xnworthy: Wow mike great feature ,just not sure about the comment (no impreza or evo could ever match). Did u really say that!!!!!
what is next then? once again well done on a brill feature.

Come on guys nobody else read this yet?

Shawn and kaz

truffs

yep hunted high and low for this months issue and manged to find one, sweet as :D

Totaly agreed with that EVO and Impreza comment as i have forced induction (turbo) and on that track day it was 'good bye' as i went past them (mind you it wasn't wet, it wasn't a spec C or an EVO FQ320 :D I think things may have been slghtly differnt then :wink: )

Nice to see such a positive write up about a Teg.

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
kaz6160 said:
=D> :xnworthy: Wow mike great feature ,just not sure about the comment (no impreza or evo could ever match). Did u really say that!!!!!
They where not my words :!:

Peter wrote those, in his opinion, his also the chap that does the features for Ian Litchfield on Evo's / Scoobies, he drove mine down the same road :wink:

Whats next, that would be telling :lol:

Mike

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Hi Mike hope you are well havent spoke in ages, will pick up a copy when Im next in WH Smiths, and have a good read, did I not say go with Cusco Coilovers, and how coilovers can have a bad effect on the road. :wink:

Lots happened for me recently, new job, getting married :roll: :shock: , blew the engine up on my Elise, not bad 23000 miles ish :D :p , got a 2nd car and my Elise has been tuned in all areas now 8) just looking for a new house :D

Can't believe it was nearly a year ago we went to North Weald, there again tomorrow 8)

Take care catch up soon, perhaps come along to a Bedford day next year got 4 booked already :twisted: