Supercharged Split fuel feed line, where's best for replacement?

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Hi all,

The fuel feed line to the fuel filter has split, so I need to replace it.

Can you / is it worthwhile upgrading this?

Or is an oem part ok? Bearing in mind it is forged and super charged.

And where would I be able to source these pieces?

Cheers.

Ps tried to use search function on mobile to no avail...

jpstyper

Advanced Member
Also I seen on ctro a bit ago someone selling full length braided fuel lines if that helps

jpstyper

Advanced Member
That hose will work but as far as length just measure your car and add a bit that's all I did with another car

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
jpstyper said:
That hose will work but as far as length just measure your car and add a bit that's all I did with another car
im a bit of a noob mate so wouldnt even know where to follow the line as it disappears under the car...

and the car is stuck at a family members house as i work away in the week so i cant get access to measure it anyway.

surely someone must of replaced this part :)

jpstyper

Advanced Member
Never changed lines on dc5 but usually that rubber pipe will come from the top of the tank to a hard plastic pipe under the car depends where the join is as you may have to drop the tank

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
L_s_i said:
If you want to do it properly upgrade it to braided lines and AN fittings.
The one I linked above is braided correct?

What are AN fittings and is there and advantage?

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Chelt_scene said:
Out of interest how have you done your fuel pump and fuel return lines?
was done by previous owner mate so cant comment!

need this fixed asap lads :(

FireDance

Advanced Member
Best thing to do is call Speedflow. Ask for Faye. She will help you with the fittings & what is best for your application. BUT you do need to know the size of the thread & the length of hose first. Can't you get someone to measure it for you?

http://www.speedflowshop.co.uk/

Also might be worth asking the previous owner if they can help at all? Or the garage they used?

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
FireDance said:
Best thing to do is call Speedflow. Ask for Faye. She will help you with the fittings & what is best for your application. BUT you do need to know the size of the thread & the length of hose first. Can't you get someone to measure it for you?

http://www.speedflowshop.co.uk/

Also might be worth asking the previous owner if they can help at all? Or the garage they used?
cheers for that

previous owner is confident its AN6, and that 3 metres would be enough, sound about right?

is it a simple swap job or is there more to it than that?

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
update, gonna attempt this myself, previous owner says its an easy change over which is good!

will i need to de pressurize the fuel rail before removing the hose? and how is it re-pressurized?

thanks

dave7368

Advanced Member
there wont be much pressure in there if you leave it a while after shutting off the engine, just wrap a bit of rag round the fitting as you take it off to catch any spills, the electric pump will self prime the system after, when you turn the ignition on..

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
perfect cheers mate,

next question, mechanic mate said that i need a specific fitting to attach the hose to the filter, however previous it was jubilee clip which isnt the best of course, anyone know what kind of fitting i will need?