Supercharger

petie180

Advanced Member
How much would it cost to get a dc5 supercharged?does a supercharger come as a kit ready to go straight on or do you have to buy injectors an a brain to run it?

petie180

Advanced Member
Well not to sure but a good one if that helps at all??just want a rough price to buy kit etc can fit myself but would need it mapped to suit ..I've a Buddyclub Mani on

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Well not to sure but a good one if that helps at all??just want a rough price to buy kit etc can fit myself but would need it mapped to suit ..I've a Buddyclub Mani on
There both very good but both have pro's and cons and also are very different to one another.

Rotrex has more turbo characteristics so boost comes in later and gets stronger with higher revs but the aircon has to be sacrificed.

JR has instant power from the moment you put your foot down and is a tidier install but also doesn't have much room for more power compared to that of the rotrex.

I'd say JR is the cheaper option of the two and is probably more suited to the k20a.

If your buying new from CPL Racing a JRSC kit would set you back roughly £3000 then whatever you can get a Kpro and mapping for.

petie180

Advanced Member
There both very good but both have pro's and cons and also are very different to one another.

Rotrex has more turbo characteristics so boost comes in later and gets stronger with higher revs but the aircon has to be sacrificed.

JR has instant power from the moment you put your foot down and is a tidier install but also doesn't have much room for more power compared to that of the rotrex.

I'd say JR is the cheaper option of the two and is probably more suited to the k20a.

If your buying new from CPL Racing a JRSC kit would set you back roughly £3000 then whatever you can get a Kpro and mapping for.
thanks..does that kit come with everything you need to bolt it on bar the kpro?it's alot of money new but new would be best to go for?

raz786

Advanced Member
Comes with everything you need bar the kpro, including the injectors. That price is also for the race kit, the street kit (5psi) would be cheaper but not sure how much!

petie180

Advanced Member
Oh stoo you were doing so well and now you have lost it again lol
I am only asking lol but good point and will just do that..

dave h-b

why what's your view on them have you had a bad run in with them?
Some people just don't trust them, like all tuners some customers have had problems, although they never really seem to say what problems they have had. CPL have just fitted a JRSC kit for me, along with a whole list of parts and everything works great. The nice thing with CPL is Guy(owns it) does all the work himself on the car, no one else works for him, so he has more to loose if he does anything wrong. Its the 2nd car i have taken there (first was to turbo and track prep an EP3) and i have never had a single issue with any parts or the quality of installation. I know you want to fit the kit yourself so just give them a ring and have a chat with them and see what they say is needed. There are a few other tuners you can get all the bits from like people say just google it son :xgrin: