Surreal trip to Shell!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I was at my local garage queuing up for fuel, as I was putting the nozzle in two guys came over and commented on the car saying how nice it was.

They were both bikers wearing identical fluorescent gear with black leathers and boots, similar to traffic cops. They were both having a good look round the motor, one asked if these things are rare. The other said he's just sold his S2000 as it wasn't practical and is killing him on fuel, says he loves DC5's!

Whilst chatting with him the other guy was admiring all the JDM stuff like the badges in the window, the Blue seats and he was asking what the brace was across the boot. Said I should be sticking V power in it which I was but he couldn't see as my hand was covering the Shell badge on the nozzle ha ha!

Really sound guys, spent a good few minutes with them and they really liked the car! Nice to get some positive comments about the DC5. :xhappy:

I don't think they were traffic cops, think they may have been bike instructors or something as they seemed to be on their own bikes.

Then as I was leaving a really nice Grey EP3 pulled in, two lads got out I had the window down and the driver said "Do you want to swap" so I said "Nice mate, it's in really good condition yours" and he said "I'd rather have yours!" lol

Nice to see the DC5 get recognised and my car isn't in A1 condition either, there are much nicer Tegs out there.

:xgrin:

wj51fut

Advanced Member
These cars get a lot of attention. Whether good or bad. People in the know will appreciate them and they mostly seem to be their 'dream car'.

You don't have to have a showroom condition car just to get it appreciated Marc. 👍 (I think it looks great as it is)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Cheers Adam.

I do notice a lot of people look at it when they drive past and of course boy racers, young lads look at it a lot but I imagine it's the same for all of us.

Really happy with the comments they gave, as they were both petrolheads they probably know about a bit about performance cars and performance Honda's anyway I'd thought especially the one who had the S2K.

I'm absolutely certain the one that was asking me loads of questions is a traffic copper, I'm fairly certain he pulled me over once for a routine check a good while back. I definitely recognised his face from somewhere.

truupR

Advanced Member
Aye the 5's certainly get some attention. Had quite a few people taking pictures of mine in the carpark at work. People often ask 'who's is that honda out there?!', they obviously have no clue what an integra even is, lol. I do get quite offended when they say 'that's a really nice civic out there ain't it!' and I just look at them like :mellow:

I've also had the haters giving me several hand gestures as I drive past. I just act like they're cupping their ears so I drop it down a gear and blast it in vtec for them to hear :xaiweb1:

ste01

Advanced Member
Yours looks good Crazylegs don't sell it short. These cars do get noticed though, I love it when you catch someone in a Ferrari or something having a good snoop around the car. Not long after I got mine I even got some positive comments about the car off a guy that lives near me who drives a Veyron 😎

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
ste01 said:
Yours looks good Crazylegs don't sell it short. These cars do get noticed though, I love it when you catch someone in a Ferrari or something having a good snoop around the car. Not long after I got mine I even got some positive comments about the car off a guy that lives near me who drives a Veyron
Cheers man.

It is a nice car don't get me wrong but compared to some of the ones on here it's not half as nice, some of the examples on this forum are immaculate.

Ha ha! You should have asked him to take you out in the Veyron!

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi all.

Today I moved into a bigger garage, one up from the one in my profile pic. The drivers door now opens out wide making it easier getting in and out of the car. While I was sweeping this garage out I found four live .45 pistol rounds.

Called the cops and when the officer arrived most of the conversation was about the DC5. The officer, "Don't recognize this rear end" "What is it. Its right hand drive". "Ive got a TT with the 3.2 vee six engine its a nice car but I do like this car".

Had a smug type grin on me face as she drove away.

Regards.

DC5Jack

Advanced Member
Always good to hear people talking about your car. I was standing behind two old boys at a cash machine and they were discussing my car, had a good chat with them. There's a guy who lives around my way with a nicely modded EP3 who I caught looking at the teg on the drive, then turned round at the end of the road and drove back past having another good look at it

Jack

Linus27

Advanced Member
Granty1056 said:
Hi all.

Today I moved into a bigger garage, one up from the one in my profile pic. The drivers door now opens out wide making it easier getting in and out of the car. While I was sweeping this garage out I found four live .45 pistol rounds.

Called the cops and when the officer arrived most of the conversation was about the DC5. The officer, "Don't recognize this rear end" "What is it. Its right hand drive". "Ive got a TT with the 3.2 vee six engine its a nice car but I do like this car".

Regards.
She drove away??? You mean you never got a photo of her next to your car in uniform. Massive fail :lol:

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Granty1056 said:
Hi all.

Regards.
PS. They are a great conversation maker which I think is good. Nowadays I tend not to put to much trust in people until Ive had a couple of minutes conversation with them. Sad really, but its a sign of the times. And it might have got me out of being arrested for being in possession of Section 1 ammunition without a certificate. LOL.

Regards.

yosin

Advanced Member
I also had something similar going to a shell garage service station. A old boy was slowly cruising along on the left lane so i dropped a gear and vtec passed him on the right hand, hopped back in lane to take next exit for the Shell garage. He also followed me into shell and whilst filling up he kept on looking over towards me. In my head i was thinking "oh boy hes looking for a confrontation when i get to the queue"..

Got to the queue i was directly behind him and he was fidgety and kept turning around trying to catch my eye. Finally he opened up and started giving me compliments on my car on how clean it was, how nice it looked and how nice it sounded going past him :) We had a little laugh and said goodbye :)

S

stwteg

The teg always gets attention from both young and old when out and about.They nearly always ask what is it. The funniest one i've experienced is a comment from last week whilst filling up.....

'I really like your car, those Hyundai Coupes are great looking and yours is no exception' :xaiweb6:

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
gracem said:
The teg always gets attention from both young and old when out and about.They nearly always ask what is it. The funniest one i've experienced is a comment from last week whilst filling up.....

'I really like your car, those Hyundai Coupes are great looking and yours is no exception' :xaiweb6:
Doesn't help that most hyundai coupes have import front plates for some reason..... gah!

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Came out of the supermarket on Sunday to find some guy taking lots of pictures of my car, cant blame him really I had it looking fab for the Bristol Honda meet 8)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
Came out of the supermarket on Sunday to find some guy taking lots of pictures of my car, cant blame him really I had it looking fab for the Bristol Honda meet 8)
Ha ha!! :xgrin:

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I went to the Mercedes garage down the road from me as the wife drives a new Smart car. Came back out to see three salesman taking photos of my car!! Lol your in the wrong garage gentlemen!! 😊

Also got a business card from a guy at Honda the day before Japfest. He said if I ever sell it he wants first refusal! 😁

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
WJ51FUT (Gok) said:
I went to the Mercedes garage down the road from me as the wife drives a new Smart car. Came back out to see three salesman taking photos of my car!! Lol your in the wrong garage gentlemen!!

Also got a business card from a guy at Honda the day before Japfest. He said if I ever sell it he wants first refusal!
That's a great compliment to have someone say they want your car!

Nice to hear that we get comments eh guys and girls and that we stand out from the crowd somewhat with our DC5's. :xgrin:

Gerard DC5

Advanced Member
Had a few good comments when I had mine. One was a taxi driver asking to buy it :D In saying that I had a few negative experiences also especially from the policeman who didnt like my front plate size lol.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Granty1056 said:
PS. They are a great conversation maker which I think is good. Nowadays I tend not to put to much trust in people until Ive had a couple of minutes conversation with them. Sad really, but its a sign of the times. And it might have got me out of being arrested for being in possession of Section 1 ammunition without a certificate. LOL.

Regards.
Aside to the original post,are you still selling up for the new Civic Type R Granty?