Suspension bush kits

g-zone

Advanced Member
Anybody use harder bush kits, if so which ones - Mugen do a kit don't they? If you have them, do you find there's an improvement over stock. Quicker turn-in or whatever?

Also, how much did you pay?

Sharpey

Advanced Member
Got my Energy Suspension set from Tokyo Express they were about £100.
Normal driving no real difference I will find out if they are any better than standard at Donington on October 5th

Evs

Advanced Member
I've got Buddy Club lower arms which have pillow ball bushes at the front. Vast improvement to turn-in and a generally more 'planted' feel to the car, although there's more road noise and general harshness. They significantly lighten the wallet too which improves power to weight ratio - bonus! :lol:

If you can get poly bushes for the front then I reckon this would be an excellent value mod - the standard front lower wishbone bush is a great big sloppy lump of rubber which allows the wheel to move around too much under load imho.

andyd

Advanced Member
I've got the Mugen Control arms, i've not had a chance to use these yet.

Here is the blurb from the Kings MS site.

The Mugen front lower control arms are manufactured specifically for the US market RSX and– bolt-on installation with no modification required. They are constructed of lightweight aluminum alloy and reduce total unsprung weight by 10 lbs (5 lbs per side). Utilizing Mugen hard rubber bushings, which are 120% stiffer than stock, the arms dramatically improve the consistency of the suspension geometry while under load. “Toe steer” during cornering and dynamic toe changes under acceleration and braking are reduced significantly. Requires the use of a JDM front sway bar or the Mugen DC5 front sway bar.

Andy

g-zone

Advanced Member
Cheers guys.

Evs, where did you get the buddy club bits from and exactly how much would my wallet be lightened by?

Evs

Advanced Member
I got them secondhand, probably not a repeatable deal. You can get them from Takakaira - they're 158k Yen which will be a four-figure sum by the time you've added shipping and taxes...

Link here