Suspension choices?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Simonmaddock said:
Carl do you not have a camber kit on your can in the pics? I have a set of spoons I need to have fitted, I was going to get a camber kit but yours looks great and you say it drives great so I'm thinking I might not bother not. It's never going to be tracked or anything like that...
Hi mate, nope mines on standard camber arms and bolts mate. They didn't arrive when in time for when I the suspension was fitted so I've not bothered with them. I will when I track it but ever picture in here to dates without ;-)

If your not going to track yours don't bother imo

SamDC5

Advanced Member
RE Spirit said:
I went straight from OEM springs to BC Coilovers as my daily so I can't really tell you my experience with the Eibach, Spoon springs - as I know many others as above has done already :D
What were the BC's like as my mate rated them on his BMW E30 track car

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

shifty89

As mentioned I have spoon springs on Mugen shocks and love them, although I do wish they were a bit lower at the front but that's my preference. Great steering feel and I have the FRSU done so feels nice and planted.

Here is a recent pic of how it sits:

SamDC5

Advanced Member
shifty89 said:
As mentioned I have spoon springs on Mugen shocks and love them, although I do wish they were a bit lower at the front but that's my preference. Great steering feel and I have the FRSU done so feels nice and planted.

Here is a recent pic of how it sits:

That sits lovely mate.

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Am I right in saying you have not installed the plastic covers then as this could be them knocking under load (actually hitting one another) in my build thread I show these being installed at the points the paint showed some impact on all springs and I have never had a noise from them. They are stiff, progressive springs are and they are for fast road / track use so will be bumpy compared to stock but not as bumpy as coilovers :)
When i had them fitted there was no one reporting problems with any noise from the spring so I didn't think of having the plastic covers fitted, i find my civic with meister R coilover less bumpy compared to my dc5, I will probably upgrade to coilovers one day.

badeshi

Advanced Member
Just to add my 2p.
I found buying all parts to replace HSD coilovers with new OEM was very expensive. Secondhand would have been cheaper and the way to go.
I ended up with nearly new pair of B14s as they ended up being quite a bit cheaper than new OEM or Mugen.
Ride is excellent on road. Compared to my old ep3 this now soaks up bumps and imperfections and really adds confidence.
Recommended.
You can find B14s on offer I believe also

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Leaning towards Meister R's as they seem to be the best compromise in pricing and quality, thoughts?

spooke

Advanced Member
hollowaydc5 said:
Leaning towards Meister R's as they seem to be the best compromise in pricing and quality, thoughts?

Pretty happy with mine, had them for a year now. Check my review if you haven't already.

rexs

If interested in spoon springs I have some for sale in the parts for sale section.

nails

Advanced Member
hollowaydc5 said:

I bought Meister R's on my Honda Prelude a few years back, couldn't fault them. However, I have heard the odd bad story about them on DC5's. Speak to Tom at TGM.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Well I changed my mind again and I'm now going purchase some Spoon springs. Thanks for the help guys.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Well I changed my mind again and I'm now going purchase some Spoon springs. Thanks for the help guys.

Not a bad choice imo mate, stock shocks or Mugen ?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Not a bad choice imo mate, stock shocks or Mugen ?
Stock shocks mate. I only use my car on the road if I were to ever go on track it'd just be for fun

MeisterR

nails said:
I bought Meister R's on my Honda Prelude a few years back, couldn't fault them. However, I have heard the odd bad story about them on DC5's. Speak to Tom at TGM.
What bad stories have you heard?
Tom haven't told me anything last I talk with him also?

If there are something wrong it would be great to know, but I haven't heard of any bad stories from customers or dealers.

Jerrick

nails

Advanced Member
MeisterR said:
What bad stories have you heard?
Tom haven't told me anything last I talk with him also?
If there are something wrong it would be great to know, but I haven't heard of any bad stories from customers or dealers.
Jerrick
Wish I hadn't said anything now. There was a customer who kept getting knocking from them, even after changing the suspected part for a new one. Wasn't my car so can't say much more than that. As this a dc5 owners forum I thought it was worth mentioning to the original poster.