Suspension clicking on full lock

JezW

Advanced Member
Occasionally on full lock to the left I hear a clicking/clunky noise coming from the front left wheel area. Any ideas?

SPIT_FIRE

Advanced Member
Let me pass on to you the single greatest advice iv recieved about teg ownership,

"Turn the radio up" :)

These cars do have a few bangs, clicks and rattles, dont fret about it it will ruin your enjoyment of the car. If its your driveshafts or something more serious you'd know about it. You've bought a good car start enjoying it.

JezW

Advanced Member
Sorry mate, that won't do for me.

Rattles are fine...clicking noises from the suspension are not!

I'm just reading about cv joints hmmmm

brucey87

Advanced Member
Mine does lol. Been doing it for 4 years now and im running out of things to try to fix it. I keep getting drawn to steering arms/steering rack area though with mine. Can sometimes feel it through the steering wheel too.

I have done to track days with it though so if anything were to go would of thought it would be on track. As you say though only happens at low speed when parking etc.

JezW

Advanced Member
brucey87 said:
Mine does lol. Been doing it for 4 years now and im running out of things to try to fix it. I keep getting drawn to steering arms/steering rack area though with mine. Can sometimes feel it through the steering wheel too.

I have done to track days with it though so if anything were to go would of thought it would be on track. As you say though only happens at low speed when parking etc.
I saw an old thread of yours when you were dicussing this with another forum member...good to see that everything is ok four years later. Have you changed many parts trying to find the cause?

Dan34

Advanced Member
You'll notice that on the standard springs (and also on lowering springs) for the DC5 they have plastic covers for a part of the spring. This is because the tighter wound coils on the springs make a bit of noise as they are quite close to each other.

It's nothing to worry about.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Somebody mentioned on here a while ago that the springs move in the cups.
Very common when people fit lowering springs.
Mine does it when reversing out of driveway in the mornings and has done for as long as I can remember! Nothing major and nothing to worry about Jez :)

brucey87

Advanced Member
JezW said:
I saw an old thread of yours when you were dicussing this with another forum member...good to see that everything is ok four years later. Have you changed many parts trying to find the cause?
well lca bushes were cracked and worn so changed them, tie rod ends were worn so got new inverted ones, ball joints were worn and floppy just changed them for rca's. Il try the steering rack locator next, if no luck then i give up.

As said though, prob nothing to worry about, just annoying but handles like a dream on track!

JezW

Advanced Member
Cheers guys, I'll mention it to Tom when it's at TGM in a few weeks and see what he thinks.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Yep mine does too,has done for 6 years now...I had a new set of springs fitted last year and nothing changed then,it still clunked and clicked now and again...however the guy who fitted them felt that he could "cure"these noises so about 6 weeks ago he lubricated the top of the springs ie on the cup where they sit and the clunking has disappeared! Might be worth asking Tom to give it a go next time you have a service...HTH David