Suspension Component Refresh

kyle'87

Advanced Member
Hi Guys,

I am hoping to fit my Skunk2 springs over the Easter holiday (as long as the weather holds out) and would like to know if anyone recommends buying new parts to replace generally old parts/ potentially worn parts or anything to upgrade?

Car has done 68,000 miles if that helps with a time frame.

I would normally just change the top mounts, but if anyone has any recommendations please comment.

Cheers

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Ball joints, wishbone bushes, tie rod ends, camber arms and bolts?

But unless you're looking to upgrade or they're worn, I wouldn't bother.

spooke

Advanced Member
SHG Steering Slider or equivalent, my OEM Slider was at 48,000 miles and it had started to show a lot of wear on the outer edges. Anti-roll bar bushes, drop links too ^

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Just about to do my springs and geometry so at the same time I'm doing the following:

Lower ball joints
Tie rod ends
Bushes
Camber bolts
Rear camber arms
Suspension top mounts
Rack raiser
Rack slider
Drop links
Cusco arbs

A bit overkill for 58kmiles but i'll never have to worry after that lot hopefully

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
ollydc5 said:
Just about to do my springs and geometry so at the same time I'm doing the following:

Lower ball joints
Tie rod ends
Bushes
Camber bolts
Rear camber arms
Suspension top mounts
Rack raiser
Rack slider
Drop links
Cusco arbs

A bit overkill for 58kmiles but i'll never have to worry after that lot hopefully
How much is all that going to cost you Olly?

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Here's a rough price guide, to save money I'll be fitting all of the parts myself and just paying for geometry. Price is approximate as I can't remember exactly

Spoon springs £270
Lower ball joints ( buddy club ) £120
Tie rod ends £35
Bushes £280 approx from eBay
Camber bolts £20.00
Rear camber arms £90 I think
Suspension top mounts £86
Rack raiser £50
Rack slider £55
Drop links £90
Cusco arbs £500
Geometry £120 ish

Not the cheapest route and you could save loads, I've gone well overboard but I know it's all sorted for as long as I have the car. Then I can put the chassis to bed and work on the power lol.

At the same time I have brought all new brake discs, pads, lines, new wheels, rebuild kits etc so have tried to concentrate on the chassis and braking all in one

ollydc5

Advanced Member
ChrisEG6 said:
Thats impressive should be tight as a drum after all that, enjoy it mate ^^^
Cheers Chris, my car hasn't done huge amounts of miles but it's still 14 yrs old so i feel I owe it some shiny bits. Quite looking forward to its first drive out :)

Chris_Glanzav98

Advanced Member
Will be a good drive mate all that complimented with a frsu ! Mines goes in on tuesda for rof1's ado8r bc coilies hardrace camber arms and frsu will be updateing my build thread too :)