suspension grip levels

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Paul

What I was trying to refer to Paul.. was the obvious fact, that the car has had a considerable amount of money spent on it.... and that it's suspension set-up, isn't just all reliant upon the dampers that have been fitted....

The posts above tend to suggest, to the ill advised, that it's all down just to the dampers fitted. Hence some might think.. buy, then fitting just these dampers will enable their car to be control in the same manor.

Mike

MJ Type-R said:
Paul

What I was trying to refer to Paul.. was the obvious fact, that the car has had a considerable amount of money spent on it.... and that it's suspension set-up, isn't just all reliant upon the dampers that have been fitted....

The posts above tend to suggest, to the ill advised, that it's all down just to the dampers fitted. Hence some might think.. buy, then fitting just these dampers will enable their car to be control in the same manor.

Mike
Mike,
You are of course correct, If the "ill advised" think that dampers alone will transform their shopping car into a racing car they are mistaken, but i am merely pointing out that whatever stage of suspension mods you wish to ascend to, they are all available to the forum members,along with very helpfull advise from those who are "doing" not just "talking"about developing (or not) suspension components. If i didnt want to help fellow DC5/DC2 drivers i wouldnt be on here would i ???

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Paul

Thanks for the reply... and glad you made it very clear that it's not all just about dampers etc when you come to setup the suspension system.....

Thus the system is more important, when developing a Race car... but yes, the basic components are available, maybe at a resonable cost, but depends on the level of budget that the individual has etc...

As stated previously, my car is very soon going to be going away to have some serious work done, as a complete system, hopefully to make it a potential competive car... but I know, as the Driver, I have a great imput into the whole system....

Mike

MJ Type-R said:
Paul

Thanks for the reply... and glad you made it very clear that it's not all just about dampers etc when you come to setup the suspension system.....

Thus the system is more important, when developing a Race car... but yes, the basic components are available, maybe at a resonable cost, but depends on the level of budget that the individual has etc...

As stated previously, my car is very soon going to be going away to have some serious work done, as a complete system, hopefully to make it a potential competive car... but I know, as the Driver, I have a great imput into the whole system....

Mike
Mike,
hope you will consider help from us then ,because as we have proven in time attack, the fastest way around donnington is not a 400bhp GT3RS built in porsches own racing workshops, or a 450bhp TVR Tuscan challenge car, a little old DC5 cant out accellerate big power cars on the streights so use your loaf.... :lol:

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
paul hughes said:
Mike,
hope you will consider help from us then
Thanks Paul... I've already got that angle covered.....

And yes, the peeps that I'm involved with have a vast experience with racing....... and our on par with Neil Brown engineering when it comes to serious engine development side...

Mike

Paul G

Members
The BC car looks like it's going very well :)

I'm trying to set mine up ready to race....But the weak piont at the mo is the coilovers - Can you give me a price for the P1 Racing spec dampers as you use on yr car?

Thks

Paul.

rarerims

japshop said:
every single parts on our car is available for the general public thats the whole ethos of buddyclub
you mean the wheels, the seat and the gearknob is :lol:

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
how much for the p1 suspension? is it better to buy from Japan directly? or get it from Uk? i am considering also the racing wheels. how much for 4 of those?

rarerims said:
japshop said:
every single parts on our car is available for the general public thats the whole ethos of buddyclub
you mean the wheels, the seat and the gearknob is :lol:
dear rare rims, if you dont have anything constructive to say then dont say anything, because by making sarcastic comments as above you are embarasing yourself !!!!!