Suspension question

TEG_DC5_R

Advanced Member
It‘s probably been discussed a few times but I cannot seem to find a definitive answer.

Would a set of PFL shocks with Eibach springs be a straight fit into a FL DC5?

Thanks in advance

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I don't think they will you know bud, fairly certain I read that they're a different setup.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I think this question comes up every now and then because nobody ever explains why...

The FL and PFL shocks and springs are different, this is because the FL shocks use inversely wound springs, this was a development that Honda added to reduce bump steer, as a result the lower spring seat on the driver side shock is different to account for the opposite wound spring.

So as long as you match FL shocks + FL springs together or PFL shocks + PFL springs together, either combination will fit both FL and PFL cars.

There is no other difference in the shocks and springs, you can mix and match top mounts, bearings, and bump stops from either as they are all the same.

TEG_DC5_R

Advanced Member
Thanks for replies.

The suspension in question are both (springs and shocks) off a PFL car but I need them to fit a FL.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Yeah it will fit. No issues. If it‘s the Mugen setup with Spoon springs that Daza has to offer it‘s a great setup. (Drove it when the old owner had it.)

TEG_DC5_R

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Yeah it will fit. No issues. If it‘s the Mugen setup with Spoon springs that Daza has to offer it‘s a great setup. (Drove it when the old owner had it.)
That one sold unfortunately for me!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
To go on a FL you will need a total set of PFL shocks and springs, you cant use a combo of FL and PFL parts but a complete PFL setup will go on fine