Suspension recommendations

-mdma-

Hi people,

I had my car going "ok" on the engine side, but it is having too much of understeer on track. Is there any way to get more grip or to balance the car. Any camber settings to solve the problem or should i get an adjustable suspension system?? Thanks

kenny

ps2london

Advanced Member
if u want to have ur own footwork setting, u need:

Suspenion + top mount for front camber
Rear camber arm(Cusco, Vision, Tein or use ur orginal one to DIY)

you will feel the big differnet with more front camber, u can get at least 2 seconds faster a lap easily :D

also adjust soft and hard, clicks ...... just keep try it for few laps, 2 + or - clicks each times until u happy with it

or use width front tyres, 235 45 17 at front, 215 45 17 at rear, lots of people race civic like that in Asia.

if u still want more, cut the weight down, use CF bonnect,add front & rear Sturt and anti roll bars, or roll cage :shock:

f1nal zeros

Advanced Member
Is this something you will be daily driving with an occasional track day or something you will track alot?

If it is just a basic daily drive with a few track events go with spoon springs, if you are leaning more toward track days look into a full coilover set up. I am currently running the Tein Flex on my DC5, but will be getting them revalved soon to adjust them higher. I also will be fitting a higher spring rated spring as well. I am still testing my car on track so hopefully we get all the data we need.

ps2london

Advanced Member
yes i love track driving. 3-4 trackdays a month, but not this year. camber 2 front and 1.5 rear is my setting for road and track. soft for road use, hard for track use.

i personally think the car need harder springs on the rear...... too much grip on the rear.... won't slide.

let me know your result. :D

dan the man

Advanced Member
dont mean to sound off but too much understeer.............. :?:

not had the chance to get dc5 on track yet but when i had my dc2 the last thing i would have done was complain about understeer, keeping the throttle progrerssively nailed on long corners she would go round, 5mph faster every time until i just got scared to go faster even on track, i was amazed at the grip. And not exactly driving like a wuss either as the bend in question overtook an s2k etc..

so what im wondering is, surely the dc5 has more grip :idea:
Driven right and settled in to the corner with the lsd working on throttle surely the dc5 must grip like hell....
(i know tyre choice comes in to it and driving style/ability but im not expecting big understeer when i go the ring in 4 weeks..)

-mdma-

Thanks people. Mostly I will use it for daily driving wih occasional track days. I think I will try the camber settings first. See what happens. Any other brands other than spoon that you people have tried?? Bcoz I personally don't prefer spoon things. Seems that they just modified the original honda parts.

dan the man: the car is perfect on track even when some mods is done but it will not be when cams are in with original suspension. So I will need to change the suspension system.

Spoon Sports

-mdma- said:
Thanks people. Mostly I will use it for daily driving wih occasional track days. I think I will try the camber settings first. See what happens. Any other brands other than spoon that you people have tried?? Bcoz I personally don't prefer spoon things. Seems that they just modified the original honda parts.

dan the man: the car is perfect on track even when some mods is done but it will not be when cams are in with original suspension. So I will need to change the suspension system.
what’s wrong with just improving something that is just good in the first place

The spoon spring are not a modified Honda part, they are a spring that is specifically designed for hard road used with some track use involved, there are some alternatives like the tein but you will prob be waiting about 6 weeks for those and also they are far more aggressive than the spoon aggressive for the shock causing the ride to be unpleasant and not enjoyable.

Our spring Spec's are as follows:

Rate Front / Rear (std)
7.4 / 8.2 (2.8~4.2) / (3.0~8.0)

In test that we have had done we have discovered that the Std spring are not very good at all, none of them are matched at the factory causing a twisting feeling under braking also unbalancing the car in corners

The TEIN Springs also lower the car to much, the lower the car goes on the standard damper the less 'effect' the damper can have.

The harder you push our spring the stiffer it will feel.

Sorry to rant,

Anthony