Suspension/Steering Knocking

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Alright people,

Had a quick look using the search but can't find any possible answers.

Every time I turn direction with the steering wheel at low speeds ie when doing 3 point turns or bay parking I get a clunk/knocking sound.

It only happens at the point when the steering wheel changes direction if that makes sense.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Thanks for that mate will bear it in mins
. Novice question but having a J's front strut brace shouldn't have any impact what so ever should it?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I had this exact issue. Took it back to Torque gt, and they diagnosed a front shock, got a replacement under warranty and its been fine since, that was 3 odd years ago now. :)

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
That's great thanks alot for that lads. I'll drop them an email because I'm over 250 miles away. Only had it a month and a half.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
James T said:
They will look after you! :)
Yeah they were really good throughout the process. So I'm sure all will be good. Going to go to the garage next week for a diagnosis and qoute. Just thought I would come on here first.

Lukemitchell

I also have the issure of knocking when turning at the moment.
Mine is a knackerd cv joint, have you checked yours!?
I have some new ones on order from tegiwa.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Lukemitchell said:
I also have the issure of knocking when turning at the moment.
Mine is a knackerd cv joint, have you checked yours!?
I have some new ones on order from tegiwa.
Mechanic told me he thought that is was the Track Rod Ends but we havent sorted anything out yet as its currently the painters having the front end resprayed and new headlights fitted.

I shall mention to them mate. How much are the Tegiwa ones? Cheers for the heads up.