SVA - Any Suggestions

hsvgtsuk

Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks my 2004 ITR will be turning up from Japan in to Southampton.

Now the next stage of the process.... the SVA.

Has anyone got any suggestions who is good for SVA in the Southampton area?

Yes I could go on the net and search, but I was looking for a recomendation, someone who has done a good job and that you are satisfied with. I have read various things on here about delays in getting the work done, poor speedo conversions etc, so I was looking to avoid this.

Alternatively, what actually needs to be done in the SVA test? Is it worth doing it myself? Also what are the rules about driving it on the road before the test is done (am I going to need to trailor it or can I get some trade plates and drive it on the road?).

Any information, much appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Tom at TGM in Fleet should be able to sort the whole process for you if needed 01252 811972

Although it will cost in the region of a grand to get it on the road,
cat 1 alarm, model report, esva prep (foglight etc), esva test, mot, etc.

Duncs

do a search for ESVA, as that is what it needs,

i don't think i would use any company in the Southampton area, depends where you are based.
i did all the conversions and put it through the test (when it was done by the ministry in this area, i think it is done by SVA UK or something like that now)so i guess i am the obvious target for your questions.

1. it takes time
2. As above £190 test, £350 cat 1 alarm, about £150 for conversion items.
3. the knowledge to do it,
4. oh and the time!!

i am back friday if you want to know more