SVA IMPORTS..

justinchung87

Advanced Member
Just wanted to know if anyone on here has bought or know anyone that has a DC5 or any car from these guys?

Not sure whether to get a DC5 off them or get one from here on the private sales section.

They seem to be slightly over priced IMO but i guess thats expected,They seem to sell alot of the DC5's tho..

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
Check my garage section. Mine came from them. Nice enough guys, but don't be surprised if you're treated as just another customer.

Service is good, but the warranty isn't really worth Jack. Find one you like, find all the faults, get them to fix it, put an alarm in it and a stereo too, and then start bartering with them.

Ray knows what he is talking about, and they seem to have a good turnaround. I live in Tunbridge Wells and drove down at least 5 times to get stuff done. First service was with them, but it's not worth my mileage to go down anymore.

I recommend them, but be sure you get everything you want out of them and get them to write it down if you put money down on it, as there was a list of (small) things I wanted done and had to make sure I chased a little about it.

All in all, a decent outift, but like I said, they lack the 'personal' touch some garages have. But that's hardly a killer fault.

justinchung87

Advanced Member
How much did u get off the car mind me asking?

I rang them up last year and they seemed pretty rude and they wasnt willing to go down on their price at all..

They are one of the closest import dealer which are near me which is why im looking at buying from them but Il be keeping an eye out on what they have and will most probably be going down there to be picking one up soon,

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
Well I'll have to agree they aren't easy to talk down on price. I basically got £700 off, plus they re-sprayed the front bumper, fitted a CAT 1 alarm, gave me a set of mats, swapped some wheels over that were a bit scuffed and fitted my stereo (hardly that much effort though).

That with the 'warranty' meant when my offside rear shock was leaking I went down and they replaced it free of charge.

However... One thing I will say is that I had a full service, including gearbox oil change, did some 300 (if that!)miles before taking it to Eurospec Rolling Road day. On the final dyno run it blew the gearbox bung straight out of it's socket. Romain said that in order for that to happen, it had to have been loose, and therefore not fitted properly.

SVA were a little uppety with replacing the shock (still under warranty) until I mentioned the gearbox mis-hap. I just told them I had it on a ramp on not the dyno when I noticed and they changed their tune. Replaced the shock for free. Otherwise I would have faced costs.

All in all they are competent, but just make sure *touches wood about my 'Teg* you pick a good'un and get it maintained at a local garage.

If you're looking for one to have a look around, we can maybe arrange something at some point.

Cheers,

Phil

:xcheers:

justinchung87

Advanced Member
Thanks Phil il keep that in mind,where abouts are you based?

By the sound of things you really have to try hard to get anything outa them,we will have to wait and see what happens next month when im ready to buy one,cannot wait tho!

Marpol

Advanced Member
I got mine from SVA about a year ago, its my daily drive and had no problems with the car what so ever.

People have mixed reviews about these guys and there are a few who have had bad experiences but im not one.
As above though they treat you just like any other customer and come across as not really being that interested.

I called them up about a DC5 that was in transit from Japan & needed an owner, after a few calls and some pictures sent via email I put down a fully refundable deposit and went to see it when it arrived in UK and had been SVA tested and registered.

It was immaculate and after a faultless test drive I bought it, probably paid more than if I had bought one privately but it came with the years warranty and had only done 15,000 miles.

If you do go to SVA to have a look there were quite a few tatty examples on the forecourt when I went but you may find a gem like I did :D

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
I'm based in Tunbridge Wells, which is quite a way but SVA were pretty much the only dealership so to speak near to me.

As said above as well, don't be put off by the tatty ones, of which there are plenty! I would recommend going for a standard as possible one too... But that's just my own principle! Each to their own. They do get nice ones, they just don't clean them that often lol!

scw02102

They from what I hear they have been known to clock their cars but hey bet loads do just dont know about it

my bro bought a Supra TT from them

Car was fine but the warranty was crap, they didn't help when he had a problem

When I spoke to them at a car show they seems pretty nice

scw02102

why dont u just buy one already imported and then u can check the history since its been in the uk rather than a fresh import

Grov

Banned
why dont u just buy one already imported and then u can check the history since its been in the uk rather than a fresh import
This.

SVA don't have the best rep. Id rather get one off the forum, esepcially if the warrenty is worth nout, whats the point?

karlh22

Bought mine from there 3 months ago no faults. Nice enough guys when I got there the car I was interested in was on the ramp. So I got cup of coffee an a tour of their time attack evo. An was allowed test drive picked all my probs with it and they were sorted for pick up. Good bunch of guys very knowledgeable.

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
SVA don't have the best rep. Id rather get one off the forum, esepcially if the warrenty is worth nout, whats the point?
That's a fair point, although it's always nice to have somewhere to take it back if it was a potential ringer... Not that you would have much grounds for recourse.

charliearli1234

I bought my cw teg from them in march found them ok , raef abit abrupt on the fone but he seems alrite in person apart from he just seems like hes
hiding something lol or it mite just be me. Only fault with the car was i took it to tgm had a nocking noise that was sorted, then there asked if i wanted
aircon test so i did it had a hole in the air con stack it was hiss in out it was filled up looked like black chewing gum filled the hole so u cldnt notice
.so had a new stack from tgm wasnt to bad the price of them even tho ive stil got loads of warranty left i would rather take it to tgm personally.

justinchung87

Advanced Member
The only reason why you would buy from a dealer is because of the waranty but it seems like it doesnt mean anything..

Ive also heard from some people that they are quite misleading the way they are describing some of the cars as imaculate,but when you get there they arent!?

Hmmm not sure whether to risk it with these guys but i guess i just have to wait and see..

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
Ive also heard from some people that they are quite misleading the way they are describing some of the cars as imaculate,but when you get there they arent!?
They aren't all that bad. They have loads of cars on the forecourt, to keep them all clean etc must take a while. Go down, find one you like on the outside, have a look inside and if it seems ok test drive etc...

I went down of an evening, browsed for a full hour (when they were shut) and picked one I liked. Then went back at the weekend to test drive.

They are good as they have a number to look over, but don't be drawn to the warranty.

scw02102

when I was looking for one they had one for £10,500 so I bought one for £9000 private same spec etc...

The £1500 in my back pocket was my warranty :)