Sva imports

Ben1145

Evening all,

I'm new to this forum, currently searching for a nice DC5. Having previously had a DC2, and have just sold a wallet-crippling subaru Impreza, I thought I'd go back to honda ownership.

I've been looking for a while, but as yet nothing ticked the boxes. I've looked on SVA imports website who appear to have a nice few coming ashore shortly.

I've trawled the net and found mix review (although things seem to have got better).

Has anyone had any recent experience with a DC5 from this company????

Any thoughts appreciated.

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Hey bud, when I was looking for a teg, I went down to sva they were alright but well I didn't end up buying so...and iv Hurd some bad things. Tbh after giving torque gt a ring the difference just over the phone was noticeable. There's quite a few reviews iv seen on here have a search.

Ben1145

Alex- many thanks for the info.
Chalkie - white preferably
Ronnie - cheers will take a look.

truupR

Advanced Member
i'd vote for torque-gt tbh. Even though I didn't end up buying my 'teg from them they were still absolutely fantastic in terms of customer service, and they've got a pretty solid reputation. It's a shame the 2 they had coming in are still in transport 3 months on from my first enquiry! :'<

Sgtscotty182

Advanced Member
Will be putting mine up for sale soon mate although I'd suggest reading my build thread first. If you like the sound of it, I will PM you in a few days once I bring myself to do the "for sale" thread.

stuart-t

Go and see Mike at Torque GT .He imported my FD2 last month, fantastic communication all the time and the best prep work when it arrives .

yosin

Advanced Member
My car is from SVA.

Well i have spoken to the previous owner whom was the first UK owner for it (also member of this forum) and the car never gave him any problems. He bought it in 09 and sold it in late 2011 iirc.

Mullyace

Advanced Member
Got my dc5 from SVA in May this year.

Phoned and emailed them before I went and look at it, gave me some information over the phone about condition a a few minor bits, everything they said was spot on.

Paid a deposit and they said they would get couple bits touched up and order in a new window seal, went back week later to pick it up and the paint work had been done, got the car a bit cheaper than the asking price. Two weeks later when they had got the window seal in they sent it out to me.

Not had any problmes at all with the car so happy days.

Must admit I did read some bad reviews before I got in contact with them, but as said I was more than happy with my dealings with them.

Javirai1

Advanced Member
Bought mine from JM imports, can't speak any higher of them. Top quality. Heard torque gt are supposed to be good too. Another popular one seems to be newera imports but not sure how good they are!