switching seats

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
Hi guys, im switching my seats over at the moment. Everything is removed at the moment. But i noticed that one of the seatbelt buckles has the sensor for the the dashboard light in it. and because of the way the mounting bracket is designed i can't switch the buckles over. I know that switching the seats has been done many times. but i couldn't find how you guys solved this problem.

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
Oem rails. With switching i mean that i'm switching drivers side to passenger side, because of a sagged bolster

Rob R

Advanced Member
If you've swapped the seats onto the opposing rails everything should be fine. Only difference will be the reclining adjuster knob will be on the inside, not the outside.

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
Yeah, but the buckle doesn't fit to the other seat. And 1 of the buckles (drives side) has a cable running to it. probably for the sensor if you're wearing the seatbelt when driving. so when i leave them. this sensor will be on the passengers seat. that's why i want to switch them over.

edit*

I see it now, need to switch the rails over aswell.

Thanks for the help!

Rob R

Advanced Member
You don't need to touch the buckle. Undo the 6 bolts holding the seat to the rail, remove seat, swap with other seat, tighten up 6 bolts, place back in car.

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
Did exactly that, thanks for the help! buckle didn't need to be touched. Just switch the rails over. thanks for the help!