Syron street race - Opinions/experience?

tristanpalmer

Advanced Member
Hi Guys,

Need to replace my front two tyres as they currently have F1's fitted which are horrendous under hard acceleration, and cornering.
Make the car feel unstable and transfer weight unpredictably... As I understand it, it's because the sidewalls are too soft.

I was previously looking at the AD08R's to replace them, but stumbled across the Syron Street Races, and seem to have good reviews (apart from when wet).
They're half the price of the AD08's, but if they're nearly as good, then they'll do me well, as it's more for road use anyway, with some trackdays thrown in occasionally.

Has anyone run them? Or got experience with them?
Opinions more than welcome :)

Cheers,

T

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Im sure Si Vti used to run these and i vaguely remember someone else talking about them so there is some experience on the forum with these but i dont remember what they said.

beppe786

Beppe
Syron Street Race only have 6mm from new vs other tyres that have 8mm

Syron are super sticky soft but wear out quick

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Dunno how much they are but ad08r 225/45 are £80 each on camskill at the moment. Mega price drop on the recent uk stock.

Even the 245 i run are only £120

integraleo

Advanced Member
Even ad08r doesn't have as stiff sidewall as re070s. I've converted many friends to run these and yet to have anything but praise for them. Favorite type I've ever had

Bally_Jdm

Advanced Member
I've ran Syrons around the track , wear out quickly but pretty decent for the price ! I can only compare to A048's which are more expensive

Bally_Jdm

Advanced Member
I've ran Syrons around the track , wear out quickly but pretty decent for the price ! I can only compare to A048's which are more expensive

tristanpalmer

Advanced Member
Thanks all, appreciate the feedback... From reviews seems they last around 7000 miles with the odd track day thrown in, though apparently still quite good below legal limit.

mike.williams said:
Dunno how much they are but ad08r 225/45 are £80 each on camskill at the moment. Mega price drop on the recent uk stock.

Even the 245 i run are only £120
CaLi said:
some good bargains at camskill at the moment.

re070's are a bargain £65
Thanks – You guys got links? Especially to the AD08R... Can't find them for that price on there.

Cheers,

T

tristanpalmer

Advanced Member
Went for a pair of AD08R's in the end from Camskill, dropped them an email and they did me a good price, and a very good delivery service.
Can't wait to get them fitted and get rid of the F1s, then get it on track once the next few bits are sorted.

Thanks again for the help guys.

tristanpalmer

Advanced Member
Bally_Jdm said:
What kind of email did you send them ?? I'm quite interested in doing this :)
Just sent over a price beater request as Tyre leader are doing them at £86 and mentioned the offer Mike posted above and they emailed back and took a bit off the price :)

T