Syron street race

Jonnyteg

Advanced Member
Guys,

Whats your view on the street race syrons, they seem cheap as chips and good reviews.

I only found out about this tyre the other day, reading a for sale item on here.

They are a semi slick tyre soft compound for £57 per tyre http://www.tyre-universe.co.uk/syron-street-race-225-45-zr17-94w-xl-normal-tyre.html

Seems to good to be true, however as a new tyre firm they are maybe testing the water?

I currently have the federal rsr's semi slicks, which are ok @ £90 ish per tyre.

Worth a pop?

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
I have been trying to find info on them for track day tyres only. Not a lot of info out there, guy on Clio sport rated them next to ad08s. But looking at the tread pattern I think a teg would trash them on track.

Think I am going to try nankang ns2r but prices change daily. Found them for £320 posted for 4. Then the next day they were £390.

Bally_Jdm

Advanced Member
Myself and Si run them , I haven't had any issues with them at the moment and actually just purchased a second set of these . I will be using these around Japfest on Saturday aswell....

For the price ... They aren't bad at all

maxvr6

Advanced Member
That's an amazing price, let us know how you get on with them Beppe :)

beppe786

Beppe
maxvr6 said:
That's an amazing price, let us know how you get on with them Beppe :)
yeah sure direct compare to RE070s which are already good.. if these are extra soft then wont last long

Mbk786

Advanced Member
Just bought a set too, will let you lot know what they like... But bargain for a new set of semi slicks

beppe786

Beppe
tyres came today first impression they weight next to nothing.. RE070 seem heavier.. ill have to weight them both

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Assume they are road legal as law states overall tyre depth and with only one side offering good wet grip I wonder whether you'd have issues with the law

Stuarty

Advanced Member
There is a few big power FN2's (400+ bhp) on the Civinfo forum using these and the guys swear by them. I had the the Syron Race plus 1's on my old stock FN2 and although they were superb in the dry they were scary in the wet, but they are summer tyres after all.

Jonnyteg

Advanced Member
Beppe - Did you measure the tread?

Also when are you getting them fitted, we need a review you can be our tester :xyes:.

Im going to be running more power shortly, I was going to go for the 888's, if the syrons are good enough they could save me a few pennys.

beppe786

Beppe
6mm of thread on these..

i have two sets of re070s to get through..

mbk786 has also bought a set you can test these out for us quicker than me.?