system r kpro

benny

Advanced Member
there say it 738 is this a reasonable price? whats the average bhp increase? is it worth the money? its a lot to spend for a few bhp know what i mean?

this is what they said when asked, ive got the aem ram now, fitted myself
The AEM long ram is a good one at £222
>Fitting £61.69
>Hondata K Pro £738
>To use an existing dyno tuned map adjusted to your car £152.75
>Or a full Dyno set-up is £411.25
>
>Best Regards
>Paul Jones
whats the best option

mikegsi

Staff member
best otion mate is to go with your credit card at the ready, they are a good set of lads who know their stuff, loads of people can vouch for them, a base map tweaked will do good enough, i also would reccomend getting shot of the short ram, esp in this weather, the heatsoak will be terrible, but i would go for an injen one, as you dont have to relocate the washer reservoir, there is one for sale on the forum for £150, and as long as it comes with all the bits then get it bought and stick it on, i can forward you links to the fitting guides so do it yourself over the weekend, you would save yourself around £130.

then all all they would have to do is supply and fit k-pro inc dyno

benny

Advanced Member
"To use an existing dyno tuned map adjusted to your car £152.75 "

so this is a good option, im not bothered about lowering the v-tec just want it running better and quicker?
heat soak has affected it i think, ive squeezed a few air intaketubes to the ram, but there is limited space,
but this being england we only have summer for 4 weeks? then heat soak wont be a prob?

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
With a kpro it isnt about how much extra horses you get its the torque.

It completly transforms the car !!

Before considering kpro i'd sort out your induction.

I highly recommend TDI North (System R) he knows how to set up kpro inside out, vtec will be lowered to about 4500 rpm to improve torque. Also another nifty thing is the launch control :wink:

Obviously it is still possible to drive economically over the vtec switchover point if you arnt using full throttle.

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
benny said:
but this being england we only have summer for 4 weeks? then heat soak wont be a prob?
Heat soak will be a permanant problem !! It gets fooking hot under the bonnet in all conditions.

BadBoy

Advanced Member
You are better off with your standard box and a replacement filter element than a short ram!

jonster

Advanced Member
I'm make sure you have a got a decent header fitted before KPro and mapping. It's wasted money if you've got to revisit and remap later on.

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
jonster said:
I'm make sure you have a got a decent header fitted before KPro and mapping. It's wasted money if you've got to revisit and remap later on.
Definatly Ive got a spoon Manifold for sale :wink: :lol:

benny

Advanced Member
got a full hks, so that shouldnt be a prob, when i go, gonna take the old filter down, and if its kack , i'll have the old one put back on, and see any difference?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
KPro sees about 30-40 BHP through the rev rance iirc and about 10 bhp top end. Your car should also be more economical. Part throttle VTEC will engage at the normal revs whereas WOT will be adjusted to about 4600 iirc.

Definatly change the induction though.

jonster

Advanced Member
I'm not talking about the cat back which I assume you mean by your HKS. The most difference can be gained from changing the header / exhaust manifold. I'd go for the Spoon one that's forsale it I were you. Gives you the option to put the cat section back for MOT time too.

Get hold of an Injen to sort your induction out too.

David Fox

Advanced Member
Is it worth getting KPro done even if you have minimal mods? I only have a GruppeM on, but I am considering KPro only if its worth doing. Im not looking at modding the car in any other way (ie exhaust, manifold etc.)

Thanks,

Dave :?

Evs

Advanced Member
Yes it is, because you'll get more midrange torque and smoother VTEC transition.

The point about doing manifold first is that if you do the KPro first and change other stuff later then you'll need another re-map, which will waste money.

So the point is that you should have an overall plan for what you're going to do, get all the physical mods done first and then get the remap done to suit them, rather than adding the physical mods after the KPro and remapping it each time.

However, if you're not planning any more physical mods (ie not planning to change the manifold) then getting a KPro & map will still be a good mod. You won't make as much power as you would by changing the manifold, but you'll still get the other benefits.

HTH?

David Fox

Advanced Member
Evs said:
Yes it is, because you'll get more midrange torque and smoother VTEC transition.

The point about doing manifold first is that if you do the KPro first and change other stuff later then you'll need another re-map, which will waste money.

So the point is that you should have an overall plan for what you're going to do, get all the physical mods done first and then get the remap done to suit them, rather than adding the physical mods after the KPro and remapping it each time.

However, if you're not planning any more physical mods (ie not planning to change the manifold) then getting a KPro & map will still be a good mod. You won't make as much power as you would by changing the manifold, but you'll still get the other benefits.

HTH?
Evs,

Very helpful mate thanks. Is it worth changing my exhaust and manifold then (notice you have Toda)? How much of a difference is it to a standard system? And how much did you pay? TY :D

Benny,

Sorry to sort of steal your thread, but we r both after more or less the same thing mate!!! :shock:

jonster

Advanced Member
Yeah, I told myself several times I wasn't going to mod any further. Three remaps later here I am thinking about a fourth to match some new cams/intake I'm considering. Don't hang around this forum if you don't want to mod anymore is all I can advise :D

Evs

Advanced Member
David Fox said:
Evs,

Very helpful mate thanks. Is it worth changing my exhaust and manifold then (notice you have Toda)? How much of a difference is it to a standard system? And how much did you pay? TY :D
No probs, happy to help. List price for a Toda manifold & cat-back is about £1500. The manifold is the same as for a CTR and they do come up secondhand, the cat-back is not, and they, er, don't...

It's difficult to say whether it's worth it for you, because everyone has a different sense of value. It's also difficult to say exactly how much power it makes, because I can't remember seeing a RR graph for a DC5 with GruppeM, OEM manifold & exhaust & KPro. Have a look at the dyno thread and/or try a search on 'KPro' or 'K-Pro'. The main thing is the midrange gains - you just get so much more accelerative thrust without having to rag the nuts off it all the time. Great mod imho.

jonster said:
Don't hang around this forum if you don't want to mod anymore is all I can advise :D
The man speaks sense xthumbup :lol:

David Fox

Advanced Member
Evs,

Thanks again mate, you've been very helpful :D

Jonster,

Absolutely agree with you there mate! :roll:

benny

Advanced Member
no worries foxy,
i have a hks manifold too, i though thats what a full hks system meant? :oops: i must have this because the old ones in my shed? 30-40 bhp for 800 quid, cant be sure if that worth it, i'm thinking about getting a dyno run, just to see bhp, then deside whats best, i cant shell out 800 quid with out some serious improvement, we'll see? and foxy i have an idea, as i think my teg is slowing down, there is a old run way we can rent out for a shoot out, think its the 55, just too see if mine is getting slower, fancy meeting up an testing the theory?

mikegsi

Staff member
good advice jonster, unfortunately a little too late!

benny, k-pro will give you some serious improvement, but all in is a little more than 800, everyone who has it will advise you to go ahead, myself included, maybe get yourself a passenger ride in a k-pro'd teg, i'll be at croft on the sunday and will take you out to show you the difference, though mine isnt set up properly as ive changed the induction since it was remapped and not getting it done till the end of the month