system r kpro

David Fox

Advanced Member
benny said:
no worries foxy,
i have a hks manifold too, i though thats what a full hks system meant? :oops: i must have this because the old ones in my shed? 30-40 bhp for 800 quid, cant be sure if that worth it, i'm thinking about getting a dyno run, just to see bhp, then deside whats best, i cant shell out 800 quid with out some serious improvement, we'll see? and foxy i have an idea, as i think my teg is slowing down, there is a old run way we can rent out for a shoot out, think its the 55, just too see if mine is getting slower, fancy meeting up an testing the theory?
Yes, I think we should rent out the 55 for half hour, just to see what happens! Ill text u about it, is sunday evening any good, or during the week?

benny

Advanced Member
sunday evening about fine, we can meet at kirkham? after 5, then pull up on the runway :lol:

David Fox

Advanced Member
benny said:
sunday evening about fine, we can meet at kirkham? after 5, then pull up on the runway :lol:
Yeah no worries mate it should be ok, maybe about 6.30 - 7? Ive got to sort out some stuff for my mates funeral but Ill ring you when i set off back to Weeton mate.

Bring on the runway :p

benny

Advanced Member
cool, i'llm be there!!
mates been to iraq twice now, and he's stupid man, i mean really stupid god bless him, he was the second rung from the bottom, the he got demoted!!! he's been in the army 6 years, and he's still propping up the ladder!!! and he was fine, i dont need to say it but look after your self!!you seem intelligent, you'll love it, get a tan every day, look on the forum every night, we'll all keep you busy,

jonster

Advanced Member
Didn't realise HKS did a header and that you had one. Once your happy with your induction then there's no reason not to go ahead with the KPro.

benny

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
benny, k-pro will give you some serious improvement, but all in is a little more than 800, everyone who has it will advise you to go ahead, myself included, maybe get yourself a passenger ride in a k-pro'd teg, i'll be at croft on the sunday and will take you out to show you the difference, though mine isnt set up properly as ive changed the induction since it was remapped and not getting it done till the end of the month
yeah love to go out and see the difference, even follow you and see the difference,once i see or be in one i can see it being a very expensive weekend :roll: visa card anyone?
cheers mike.

truffs

WARNING ****** THE '55'******* RACING POSTS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. CERTAIN MEMBERS HAVE BEEN WARNED REGARDING THIS BEFORE. RACING POSTS WILL RESULT IN A BAN.

truffs

dan the man said:
:-$ :-$ :-$

:xconfused:

If racing on Touring cars is ok then ona private track hired out??
Dan,

The mention of private roads and the hiring of race tracks as we well know usually means 'code' for motorways and 'A' roads. We all know the cost involved in hiring out these areas and for us to do it 'privately' would cost a small fortune and these areas are for and few between. I may well be wrong but the '55' mentioned is probably the M55. It has already been stated many times about the mentioning of 'private roads' and 'racing posts' and is in the T&C's of using this forum. I hope this sorts out any confusion :lol:

PS: Dan this post isnt directed at you but to everyone in general so dont worry or think im victimising you :wink:

dan the man

Advanced Member
u always pick on me :xrealangry: :xrealangry: :xno: :xcry: :xcry:

kiddin xrofl

to be honest i thought these were army boys and ACTUALLY had access...now i read it back i know what u mean Dan..

OOPS :oops: sorry and everyone else racin on the streets is bad! :!:

See ya on the back roads then :wink: :wink: :xgrin:

benny

Advanced Member
sorry,i didnt mean to upset any one, totally understand, we have no intention of breaking any laws, wanna keep the green sheet clean, sure i can speak for foxy too, the for mentioned motorway is riddled with little men with cameras, so doing things silly would be er silly

The Meist_R

Advanced Member
benny said:
no worries foxy,
i have a hks manifold too, i though thats what a full hks system meant? :oops: i must have this because the old ones in my shed? 30-40 bhp for 800 quid, cant be sure if that worth it, i'm thinking about getting a dyno run, just to see bhp, then deside whats best, i cant shell out 800 quid with out some serious improvement, we'll see? and foxy i have an idea, as i think my teg is slowing down, there is a old run way we can rent out for a shoot out, think its the 55, just too see if mine is getting slower, fancy meeting up an testing the theory?
That extra 30-40bhp cost me nearly £3K, if it was £800 I'd be laughing, it's a costly business modding NA cars. Whether it's worth or not is an entirely personal thing.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
The Meist_R said:
That extra 30-40bhp cost me nearly £3K, if it was £800 I'd be laughing, it's a costly business modding NA cars. Whether it's worth or not is an entirely personal thing.
And I'm heartily enjoying that extra 30-40bhp thanks John! :D

My opinion is it's worth it, the torque is like having a small turbo attached! :shock:

benny

Advanced Member
for 3500 you can get a supercharger? that adds about 100 bhp? why spend 3000 for 30-40?

David Fox

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
u always pick on me :xrealangry: :xrealangry: :xno: :xcry: :xcry:

kiddin xrofl

to be honest i thought these were army boys and ACTUALLY had access...now i read it back i know what u mean Dan..

OOPS :oops: sorry and everyone else racin on the streets is bad! :!:

See ya on the back roads then :wink: :wink: :xgrin:
Actually I have got access to private roads, at the back of camp there is a training area that we use for er, training, but on weekends its also used by amateur rally drivers. Part of its not bad, but i think there might be a bit too much grit that would mark our beloved Tegs. Ill ask my boss and see if we could use it sometime, don't think there would be an issue TBH.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
benny said:
for 3500 you can get a supercharger? that adds about 100 bhp? why spend 3000 for 30-40?
N/A adjustability, engine lifespan... surely you'd need to do most of the other mods to get the best from a supercharger anyway? Can't see the point of sticking a supercharger on if you're running standard manifold/cat etc.

mikegsi

Staff member
lockwood77 said:
benny said:
N/A adjustability, engine lifespan... surely you'd need to do most of the other mods to get the best from a supercharger anyway? Can't see the point of sticking a supercharger on if you're running standard manifold/cat etc.
if i'd a wanted a turbo or supercharged car i would of bought one, personally its teh vtec that i go for!

kingston

Advanced Member
jonster said:
Didn't realise HKS did a header and that you had one. Once your happy with your induction then there's no reason not to go ahead with the KPro.
They dont really, its a cast iron one mainly aimed at Turbo'd engines though can be used on N/A's

Think its just the 4 branch part as ive not seen one with the 2-1 section...

benny

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
lockwood77 said:
benny said:
if i'd a wanted a turbo or supercharged car i would of bought one, personally its teh vtec that i go for!
yeah i know, but if your gonna spend 3500 to get 30-40 bhp, why not just turbo or supercharger, still have the v-tec? all the fun of the teg but like a bullitt!!!!, all you need is steve mcqueen 8)