tailgate lift supports / struts

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
Afternoon all,

Please could somebody point me in the right direction where to buy replacement tailgate lift supports or struts?

For a 2005 facelift dc5, although I presume they are the same as pre-facelifted versions.

Thanks

ste01

Advanced Member
Have you tried Honda? They can literally get you anything assuming it's not discontinued

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
Ste01 - I hadn't tried Honda simply because my local branch closed last month. It's now a 20mile trip to my nearest Vertu branch. I was hoping I could just order some online to be honest.

Dazaturbo - I'd prefer new ones mate. Mine still work OK but rattle like buggery as the ballcups have worn. Thanks though 👍

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
CW05TEG said:
Ste01 - I hadn't tried Honda simply because my local branch closed last month. It's now a 20mile trip to my nearest Vertu branch. I was hoping I could just order some online to be honest.

Dazaturbo - I'd prefer new ones mate. Mine still work OK but rattle like buggery as the ballcups have worn. Thanks though 👍
No worries pal 👍🏻

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
Thanks mate, always wondered where I could find the full schematic diagrams for the dc5. Will definitely come in handy!

Just checked on Lings and it doesn't look like they are available. I'll give Honda a call and see if they can still source them. Failing that I'll have to look at importing a set of RSX ones from the USA.