Taking off the O2 sensor wires?

lujamil

Advanced Member
So i got under the car to take off the exhaust manifold (putting on a dc race header), and everything is fine BESIDES taking off the o2 sensor wire. I wanted to initially unplug the clip and take the manifold out and THEN unscrew the o2 sensor; but I have been having trouble taking the secondary sensor clip off.

Could anyone shine any light on how I should go about this situation? Was thinking maybe to just take off the heat shield and unscrew the o2 sensor?

Any help will be appreciated :)

Mark_teg

Staff member
It's been a while since I've done it. From what I remember, you'll have to disconnect the harness, otherwise you'll twist (and twist, and twist) the wiring!. Try soaking it in wd40, maybe use a screwdriver to gently unclip the plug. It has a locking clip on it.

lujamil

Advanced Member
Yeah I managed to get the primary sensor clip off but the secondary one is giving me grief. Especially because my hand doesn't fit up there fully so I can't get a proper hand on it.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Drop the manifold down to get better access and unclip it?..
The wires should reach a bit from what I remember. Obviously, be careful not to strain/damage the harness.