Tanabe Gf210 from US??

Scott88R

Hi, i'm looking at purchasing Tanabe GF210 springs from ebay.com. However, they are listed as fitting 'Acura RSX Base & Type S DC5 jdm honda TGF046 K20'

Basically can anyone confirm if they will fit the DC5 Type R? The last thing I want is to have them shipped/fitted and then find they leave the car with an uneven drop due to incorrect spring ratings or engine weight etc.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks

integraleo

Advanced Member
Is there any reason for not going for the very good and popular Eibach springs? They are good value and in this country already.

Scott88R

I purchased a set of eibach pro kit springs for it a few months back. They are fine for handling and comfort but I'm just not happy with how the car sits on them. It has never sat level since they were fitted, higher at the front than the rear (noticeably so) The GF210 get great reviews for handling and ride comfort but also leave the car with a level ride height front and rear. It's not that I am wanting a 'low' car as I use it daily and it wouldn't be practical. I just need a subtle, even drop and have seen a DC5 with mugen showa suspension, one with spoon springs and a few with tanabe springs and they all sit perfectly level front and rear.

Scott88R

Hadn't considered them as I was always led to believe that tein were quite harsh ride wise? That could be wrong though. Do you have a set yourself? Apart from the Eibachs, most other good branded springs for the DC5 seem to be extremely expensive in my opinion.

DC5RS

DC5
i had the s tech's, the car felt much sportier than the OEM, harsh i wouldn't say it was acceptable but the car sat low for my taste (also had 215/40/17 tyres when i bought it so made a difference)

Here is a pic when i first bought it

Scott88R

Yes that looks like a good drop for springs but I agree that it would probably be too low for me as well, mainly due to all the damn speed ramps where I live:-( Thanks for the picture

Scott88R

Even with ordering from overseas, including import taxes they are almost £80 cheaper than Funkypower. I don't scrimp on my car but it is a considerable saving. Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and pay the extra for peace of mind with fitment etc. Thanks for the help and replies everyone.

Jambo, how do you rate the df210s? They do give a lovely drop from pictures I've seen, however I do think they may still be too low for the type of roads I use everyday.

jambo

Advanced Member
yeah they do sit quite low. Sits so much better than the eibach springs. They are quite a firm ride, possibly more harsh than the eibach but i dont use mine much as its not my daily so its ok for me.

Scott88R

jambo said:
yeah they do sit quite low. Sits so much better than the eibach springs. They are quite a firm ride, possibly more harsh than the eibach but i dont use mine much as its not my daily so its ok for me.
From what you've said there I do think the GF210's would be more suited to mine. Cheers

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Aren't there 3 types?

GF - Grip feel
NF - Normal feel
DF - Drift feel

I would think NF would be best for all round driving

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I've had the GF210 springs on my teg for going on 6yrs and still on same set now after many miles or road and track

Love the feel of them and give great confidence in fast road use too

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Scott88R

coyote_dc5 said:
I've had the GF210 springs on my teg for going on 6yrs and still on same set now after many miles or road and track Love the feel of them and give great confidence in fast road use tooSent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
Where did you purchase yours from coyote_dc5?

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I really couldn't tell you with it being my first mod back in the day :/ I would have most likely just googled it and found a UK distributor

Have a chat with Steve at eight speed as he may be able to source for you

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2