Tanabe Racing Medallion / Ultra Medallion...

AdrianK

Advanced Member
Has anyone got / seen / heard one of these?

I am totally stuffed as far as getting a buddy club it seems and this looks like a reasonable other choice, but i know nothnig about them other than they have a reputation for being good quality.

Heres a pic of the Racing Medallion

Any thoughts?

AdrianK

Advanced Member
Well i was after a Buddy Club Spec 3, and i cant see it being as loud as that, so volume level doesnt worry me too much. Found a pic of it on a USDM RSX too i kinda like it.... its different to most.

Stevieg

Advanced Member
conoroneill said:
I've heard that they're ultra loud mate :shock:
Yeah I had an Ultra Medallion titanium tipped one on one of my old DC2s - and it was Loud. Seemed nearly as loud idling as it was in the high rev range and pretty droney. However I guess its horses for courses and all that... IMO they look like cannons :lol:

It was well made but the band that holds the back box cracked a bit however Duncan from Tokyo Express got me a replacement and it was fine.

mikegsi

Staff member
i had the racing one on my dc2 (came on teh car when i bought it) loud doesnt cover it!
i took it off and replaced it with an oem one!!!

build quality was good so would expect the same for the dc5

keevster

Advanced Member
I had the racing spec on my CTR :shock: , had it on two weeks, and binned it :shock: , way to drony and loud, and i actually felt i was loosing power low down the rev range, my opinion only, but i did have a fair few exhausts on my CTRsx2.

We where out in the country up North of scotland at a log cabin, and my mate commented he could hear me loud and clear :lol: , and i arrived 10minutes later. So work it out :lol: :wink:

Horses for courses i suppose.

Paul :wink:

ally_mac

Advanced Member
a mate has the tanable exhaust on his ep3 and too be honest it sounds like dam all, it nearly sounds like hes driving with no exhust its that loud. You can hear him miles away

AdrianK

Advanced Member
ally_mac said:
a mate has the tanable exhaust on his ep3 and too be honest it sounds like dam all, it nearly sounds like hes driving with no exhust its that loud. You can hear him miles away
Which one does he have, is it the Racing medallion or the Ultra medallion, i think the ultra is a bit quieter, but im not sure...

AdrianK

Advanced Member
SpaceMonkey said:
Adrian - Aren't you running a Spoon B-pipe & N1 mate?

Why are you going to change?
I was mate, sold the spoon to Ezza already, went off it tbh and fancied a change.

Decided on a spec 3 buddy club, and now they are totally unavailable in uk for next few months at least, so im looking ofr other options!

AdrianK

Advanced Member
Wouldnt mind one, but quite a few people have them and the cost to me is prohibitive, i dont really want to spend over £500 on one.

matt b

Advanced Member
Had SRM on my DC2 mate coupled with a 4-2-1 mani and it wasnt as loud as my BCIII on my DC5 :wink:

How come the BC is off the menu mate, thought u were dead set? I might have to take u for another spin to fully convert you :lol:

AdrianK

Advanced Member
Its not my choice, there are none.

Buddy Club have no stock and cant tell me with any certainty when they will be getting any, they keep saying the 'next' ship, im on the 3rd one now, middle of august they think!

matt b

Advanced Member
AdrianK said:
Its not my choice, there are none.

Buddy Club have no stock and cant tell me with any certainty when they will be getting any, they keep saying the 'next' ship, im on the 3rd one now, middle of august they think!
:oops: sori fella I didnt read the post did i :oops:

Hold out for the BC :wink:

AdrianK

Advanced Member
Well if you know of anyone that has a BC Spec 3 and wants to sell it please do let me know, ill have it!

m4rk181983

Is there anyone interested in buying a HKS hi power silent cat back exhaust system.Please let me know iam selling it cheap.