TANABE SPRINGS>>> V HAPPY!!

dan the man

Advanced Member
What can i say, car is sooo planted now.

First drive tonight and im WELL IMPRESSED.

Turn in is better, changes direction quicker, stable under braking, long corners gives me more confidence, deals with bumps better-like they are dealt with quicker and less fussy but still not crashy.

Still nice to slide and bomb about and just feels so alert and direct....so buzzing after the drive..imagine round the ring :shock:

BIG thanks to duncan at toyko express who recommended these 8)

DAN :!: banzai!!

corbie

Advanced Member
its AMAZING the difference a set of prog. springs make :D

Was loving mine even more when I finally got to take them round Knockhill last week and test mine on a circuit I knew. Shaved a lot of time of my laps and was putting more distance than normal against a couple of the regulars and the 300bhp+ cars weren't catching me as quick as normal.

Evs

Advanced Member
Glad to hear you're pleased mate. So has it made up for parting with the '2??

dan the man

Advanced Member
yeah after the ring and my dissapointment with the tires and the car generally behaving awfull on normal springs and soft sidewalls. This has got me buzzing again, can only imagine super stiff potenzas on.. :shock:

so yeah the mods have started and the love affair is carrying on..

8) DC2 is missed but DC5 is starting the revolution 8)

DC5RK20A

Advanced Member
Which Tanabe ones did you get? I know they have a few different ones.

I am currently running the S•W•I•F•T low-down springs. Next I will be picking up the TeamKunimitsu stabilizer bars (made by Tohatsu(swift)) perfectly matched to the spring rates. I was also looking at the Tanabe, RS*R and A'pexi low-downs and settled on the Tohatsu springs as they are pretty much top of the line when it comes to spring making here in Japan.

dan the man

Advanced Member
The springs are

sustec GF210 grip feeling tanabes

thats what it says on the box, orange colour they are.

dan

rialnet

i've had a set of these on for about 6 weeks now and i have to say they are fantastic !

gives the car a much better feel going into bends at speed and the drop makes the car look so much more aggressive - especially with 18's :D

again thanks to Duncan at tokyo express xthumbup

dan the man

Advanced Member
think they are progressive in a way as how they are coiled with looks of it...

andnoticed on bigger bumps not as good as standard as not the same travel so hits the stiff quicker but i was testing etc.... but overall so much better

well goodfor the money 150 8)

Zero7

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
think they are progressive in a way as how they are coiled with looks of it...

andnoticed on bigger bumps not as good as standard as not the same travel so hits the stiff quicker but i was testing etc.... but overall so much better

well goodfor the money 150 8)
Wow, that's quite cheap, I though they were more than that? are they jitting the stoppers on big bumps?

dan the man

Advanced Member
not sure if they are hitting the stoppers or compressing and just travel is slowing right down etc.....

but i didnt cut my bump stopperslike it said to..thought i would see how it goes etc....

dan 8)

NZITR

Advanced Member
Bumpstops and compared to Spoon

I notice on the sets available here and the US they claim they come with replacement bumpstops. I take it yours just said hack em up?

Also has anyone driven both a Spoon equiped car and a Tanabe equiped car... and car to share their thoughts?

Regards,

David.

dan the man

Advanced Member
yes mine said slice them off about 20mm ish....
(not sure as dont have info on me...at the mo)

dan