Tanabe Sustec Pro SS Coilovers Fitted

T666YPR

Took a while for them to come but as soon as I got them,it was off down to Fleet to have them fitted at TGMsport. 8)
Together with my slotted rotors,at last :oops:

Front:

Rear:

Front Fitted + Brake Rotor:

More Pics Here!!

Car was "only" lowered 25mm could have gone double that,but no need.
Tom fitted them that accurately,that a road test revealed the alignment to be just about spot on and the car drove as straight as you like.
The drive back will have bedded them in mostly,so it's off to get them re checked to see if anything is amiss.
Got to say they feel tons better on the road,though I've only driven in the wet with them so far and trackday action is needed :D

Will comment further when I've had a chance to push them more 8)

jonster

Advanced Member
Looking good Si. Bet you can't wait to track them?

It's not very helpful to say this now, but I notice my Lockheeds are going a bit rusty on the hub bit, so it's a good idea to paint them. I thought you had put yours on ages ago. I was going to try Hammerite black radiator paint hoping it can take the heat.

T666YPR

EEEK!! :shock:

I best get on to it quick :|

Tom told me you phoned when I was out testing. :lol:

What did he reckon on them :D

Oh and hi to Dobber,nice to meet you Duncan,guess my 5Zigen's gone to a good home. 8)

Think those coilovers were "TK" (IIRC) that Tom wanted to test.

jonster

Advanced Member
He gave them the 'Tom Thumbs Up'. Said they were class and didn't bitch about them at all. Not like the Tein's he has fitted before.

Yeah, I never got round to fitting the 5Ziggy. Still pristine in the original box you sent it to me in.

tokgeen

great to hear that you're enjoying the Sustec pro SS :) happy for you

my susten seven is coming soon, will let u know how that goes!

Zero7

Advanced Member
What are the brakes like? I've not fitted mine yet as I'm waiting to decide on springs or coilovers.

dobber

Advanced Member
T666YPR said:
EEEK!! :shock:

I best get on to it quick :|

Tom told me you phoned when I was out testing. :lol:

What did he reckon on them :D

Oh and hi to Dobber,nice to meet you Duncan,guess my 5Zigen's gone to a good home. 8)

Think those coilovers were "TK" (IIRC) that Tom wanted to test.
Yeah good to meet you too, just a shame it wasnt a nicer afternoon. The coilovers are D2. Revised design, im going to be giving them a full test and if they are good then they will be releasing them into the UK. If they are pants then they will be coming off and sent back at no cost to me. (obviously i have to pay for them if they are good, but i dont mind that hehe)
8)

T666YPR

dobber said:
The coilovers are D2.

That explains why I couldn't find any info on tinternet for love nor money typing "TK" :oops: :lol:

Yeah great weather,that roundabout,if you exit right from Tom's,was "DEADLY" in the wet :shock:

Off for a bit of a test.... :D

Evs

Advanced Member
Looking good Si - bit of droppage is just what your car needed imho xthumbup

So, are you going to tell us what you think of the car now they're fitted, or are you still tearing around Wales *cough* I mean 'testing them'? :wink: :lol:

T666YPR

Didn't go THAT far to test them :lol:

Running around my regular routes I found compared to my stock spenny:

+Less pitch when accelerating.

+Much flatter cornering.

+More "perceived" grip from the tyres,so confidence with higher speed through corners.

+/-Drain covers etc are now more comfortable,but speed bumps a little harder.

+Under acceleration the car now steers straight as opposed to veering off to the right.
(stock spenny was confirmed with correct tracking and alignment several times)

+Haven't noticed the squirming under hard braking anymore.

+Combination of my lowered seat rails(2") and now the car(1") makes it feel very planted.

-Thought the ride would have been a little softer on the base settings.

8) :D

Yet to try any of the firmer settings.

Zero,sorry mate.
The brakes,for me,are now a hell of a lot better than before.
Plenty of bite when needed now.
Will have to see what fade is like on my next trackday,but they seem fine.
Pleasant "thrumming" noise when you pull up to junctions etc too 8)

Overall,combined,this has been one of my better mods. :D

The service and price at TGM was outstanding too xthumbup

ps2london

Advanced Member
look very good simon!!! finally u have upgraded the 2 most important thing in DC5!!! you are fully track perpare :D At next bookatrack trackday, let Simon Masion drive your car and he will give u the recommanded setting for your suspension.

T666YPR

ps2london said:
look very good simon!!! finally u have upgraded the 2 most important thing in DC5!!! you are fully track perpare :D

I know,wish I'd have started spenny,tyres and brakes first but being my first attempt at modding a car properly,I jumped straight into the power mods. :oops: :D

Still got to sort some good tyres for trackdays now.

ps2london said:
At next bookatrack trackday, let Simon Mason drive your car and he will give u the recommanded setting for your suspension.
Good idea Franz :idea:

I'm booked for Cadwell on the 28th with Bookatrack and have already booked tuition,hopefully Simon will be on this trackday. :D

Zero7

Advanced Member
Thanks Si,

I'm still undecided on Spoon spring or coilovers but I don't think I can justify the cost of coilovers. The turning bug will start for me, I'm just trying to hold off for a while.

Evs

Advanced Member
Great write-up Si, glad you're enjoying them xthumbup
If the only minus point is harsher ride then they sound like they're perfect! :wink: Have you noticed any clonking on big bumps or when manoeuvring at low speed?

dan the man

Advanced Member
si, u change your pads aswell??

and yes or no what have u got on?

as i feel mine lack bite..

dan

T666YPR

Was told it was best to change pads at the same time as the discs,but mine had hardly been touched.
(I'm very economical with my braking on road,judging distances and using engine braking to slow the car down without having to use the stoppers)

Therefore we kept the old pads on.

Just your regular OEM Honda pads.

I wasn't happy with the brakes on mine beforehand but now they feel spot on 8)

I'm guessing with some upgraded pads,they'd feel even better :)

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
T666YPR said:
I wasn't happy with the brakes on mine beforehand but now they feel spot on 8)

I'm guessing with some upgraded pads,they'd feel even better :)
Good to know you are happy with you disc 8)

Cheers

Zero7

Advanced Member
Now that I have decided to keep the car :D I will be fitting my dids with the upgraded pads in the next month and I'll do a write up, I'm actually the opposite with braking, I leave it to the last minute and hardly ever use the engine for braking.