tar spots

dp9901

Advanced Member
seems to be every time i wash the car theres hundreds of tar spots all over doors etc was thinking of gettitng some tar remover stuff but concerned this will take the wax off and i dont really want to clay bar it everytime of washing.i seem to have to polish them off each time.mines white so it shows them up even worse.is there any tips/products youd recommend?

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
I use the turtle wax bug/tar remover, spray it on, leave for a min and wash off with a sponge. Seems to do the trick for me :)

jay82

Advanced Member
Andywilkinson said:
I use the turtle wax bug/tar remover, spray it on, leave for a min and wash off with a sponge. Seems to do the trick for me :)
same here. but buy mud flaps it helps a bit

Gunn79

Advanced Member
Autosmart Tardis is good for removing tar, but is more than likely gonna remove some wax as well.

Evs

Advanced Member
Clay bar is the answer tbh. Anything else is either going to be abrasive or some sort of chemical degreaser, either is likely to remove the wax/sealant as well.

IMO.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Evs said:
Clay bar is the answer tbh. Anything else is either going to be abrasive or some sort of chemical degreaser, either is likely to remove the wax/sealant as well.

IMO.
Snap, Clay bar is specifically designed to fix this problem.

The key is to prep your paintwork, get it as clean as possible which includes polishing.... then you wax it.... and keep contaminents off using some detailing spray like the stuff meguiars do which takes the rubbish off before it has a chance to bond.

Sadly, the only way to keep your car spot free is to go over it with the cleaning spray every time you use it.

cup_66

Advanced Member
Andywilkinson said:
Snap..Its ment to be used in a sort of polish format,but i find it works really well this way and leaves a shiny finish!