Tarox brake kits

Midnight

Advanced Member
GT3 brembo's or AP's I'd suggest.

Although the OEM brembo are more than capable with decent pads.

Only gain you'll get is heat management and even then the OEM ones are OK.

I'd go with a more track focused kit if you were adamant you 'needed' larger calipers.

I didn't think the tarox kit was that great, albeit on another car.

jrscho

Advanced Member
Bonson has these brakes and he's a proper track addict, never seen him have any issues with them. Don't think he's in the forum much now though

AP racing are meant to be fantastic brakes for the money also. The garage I go to really recommends them. He even has a set on his k20 rotrex Elise!

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Are Tarox the brand where you‘re pretty much stuck with their pads due to the odd fitment?

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
Tar-Ox do a 2 piece disc set for the DC5. Coupled with a good set of pads and maybe a cheeky refurb/re-lacquer on the Brembos and you could have a nice kit there.

Midnight

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Are Tarox the brand where you‘re pretty much stuck with their pads due to the odd fitment?
Carbotec will make pads to suit. Did them on a 172 of ours many years ago. Just had to send backing plates. Think they now offer off the shelf 172/182 pads now.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
So limited to a handful of suppliers rather than being able to fit off the shelf pads which can be fitted into most, Brembo, AP and Alcon calipers? I know what I'd personally use, especially if doing a lot of track work.

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
I have the Tarox 6 piston kit on my car with 2-piece discs.
With the brake pads you are limited to Ferodo, Winmax, EBC, Tarox and Carbone Lorraine pads.
At this moment I am looking for a set of new brake pads and thinking about getting the CL RC5+ compound.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Many thanks for all of your input. I have a rebuild kit sat here for the Brembos from my last Dc5 so I think I‘m going to refurb and go discs and pads. Whatever I‘ll save I can spend elsewhere :)

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Got carried away as usual thinking I need a big kit but haven‘t bothered. Have taken you sound advice and brought some AP racing floating discs, ds2500 pads and some goodridge lines

Thanks all, Olly

ollydc5

Advanced Member
TGM mate, they were advertised a while ago and luckily no one had brought them. A bit of paint and I‘m away :)

Midnight

Advanced Member
They'll fit the OEM brembo calipers?

Didn't realise AP offered a disc for the OEM caliper. Thanks for the heads up 👍🏼

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Yes dude they are for the oem calipers

They are a floating disc with custom bells. There‘s probably plenty of options out there from various manufacturers but it‘s the bell that marries it up as I‘m sure you‘re aware.

I‘m plenty happy, was prepared to spend £2k on a front kit which is a bit overkill so I‘m well happy to be able to blow over £1k on a holiday now. All this car building is stressful lol

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
ollydc5 said:
Got carried away as usual thinking I need a big kit but haven‘t bothered. Have taken you sound advice and brought some AP racing floating discs, ds2500 pads and some goodridge lines

Thanks all, Olly
PBS pads are superior to DS2500. I'll never run DS2500 again if I can help it.

Fez

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
PBS pads are superior to DS2500. I'll never run DS2500 again if I can help it.
I second this, I wouldnt put ds2500's on my pushbike 😅

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Thanks for the advice lads, they came as part of the deal so I just rolled with it but it‘s nice to have the heads up before I start chewing away at new discs