Tax

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
My renewal has just came throught the door and its £245 grrrrr

Last year it was £225, bit of a steep increase if you ask me :-(

viggen

Advanced Member
i did mine for a year on the 1st of feb and was £205.i think some people are paying £450 a year.OUCH

Alien

Advanced Member
Likewise my road tax is now £245 a year as the car is registered in tax band K. It could have been much worse though, some Tegs are registered in the next band up and they now have to pay £425!!

Alien

Advanced Member
viggen said:
i did mine for a year on the 1st of feb and was £205.i think some people are paying £450 a year.OUCH
Nice one! :) You're one of the more lucky ones who's Teg is registered PLG (Private Light Goods)

Rob R

Advanced Member
Just got my tax renewal through, £205 for 12 months, god bless PLG

stux

Advanced Member
£134.75 for 6 months or £245 for a year on my 2.2 4 cylinder engine. :xrealangry:

My mate has a 5.7 V8 and pays £205 a year. :xlol:

dave c

400hp K20
Have the prices changed again? I was in the £405 band then last year they dropped it to £245, please don't tell me its gone back up?

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
viggen said:
what class tax does it say on your v5?
mine says petrol car 223g/km

Some people with certain cars are going to have a shock when they renew their tax this year, they paid £225 last year and the concession for cars with 225g/km+ has now expired so they will now pay £425.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
CaLi said:
viggen said:
what class tax does it say on your v5?
mine says petrol car 223g/km

Some people with certain cars are going to have a shock when they renew their tax this year, they paid £225 last year and the concession for cars with 225g/km+ has now expired so they will now pay £425.
Daaaaaaamn, Luckily mine is 223g/km as well 8)

Alien

Advanced Member
It looks like Teg owners could pay one of three rates depending on how your car was registered. At best you'd be on PLG and pay £205, otherwise you'd be registered under CO2 emissions and pay £245 for 223g/km cars or £425 for 234g/km cars.

Its crazy how some people could be paying double for whats in effect the same car :xconfused:

Grov

Banned
It shows how dumb the government or DVLA are when it comes to car tax. Older cars are a lot cheaper to tax, and yet newer cars with more effcient, cleaner engines are more expensive to tax.

Going on the DLVA site, the max you will pay on any car thats registered before March 2001 is £205?

So a DC5 is the same to tax lets say for example a Ferrari F50?