TDi North proven 600+bhp! No Race fuel or NOS either ;)

tp

After many months of development we have produced the first K24 Turbocharged CTR.
Power is 607.7 bhp torque is 466 lb/ft, we specifically tuned this engine with no race fuel or NOS to give a real world perspective on what can be achieved on the road.
We will of course be driving the car daily and too and from various events to prove reliability. The engine is currently running moderately low boost until we carry out the next phase of engine development which will be purely race orientated but four figures is what we are aiming for. :twisted:

For more details contact:

Paul Jones
TDi North
01925 289100
info@system-r.co.uk

Suped

Advanced Member
plenty of power for the front wheels then... the boost in power from 5k up wards is crazy!

JiB

Advanced Member
Woah, those are like RB26 numbers :shock:

How do you guys put it to the ground?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Well done Chaps

All I can add / questions ...

- I hope the engine has been built i.e. all internals etc ?
- Has the engine bay been strenghted to cope with the power & torque ?
- What Gear box are you running, as the OEM one is weak after a certain point ?
- What LSD ? I say this, as I'm assuming it's got to be a clutch pack type.
- What Drive shafts ?
- As you state it's a road car atm, have the brakes been upgraded to cope ?
- What engine management ? I'm assuming it will not be K-Pro, as that's not got the capability to run the extra feed back sensors that I would run to ensure this expensive engine don't go pop...
- Good to see you have stuck to the K24 rev limit and not gone above... I can't say why I make this statement.

Finally, it's obvious to me that this is a demo car... rather than a kit that can be brought.... as I would have thought it will become way out of reach / pockets of typical Honda owners...

Good to see others will compete against CPL next year… I know of a few other front wheel drive cars that will be doing the same……

Mike

fonz600

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:
- What engine management ? I'm assuming it will not be K-Pro, as that's not got the capability to run the extra feed back sensors that I would run to ensure this expensive engine don't go pop...
It says US Kpro on the dyno print out so guessing they are using Kpro mate

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
fonz600 said:
MJ Type-R said:
It says US Kpro on the dyno print out so guessing they are using Kpro mate
Hummmm

That's a poor choice for an engine that's going to cost a lot of money to make.....

Even more so with the power figures they are aiming for... a slight miss judgement...... BANG

Mike

Zero7

Advanced Member
I would hate to even try and get half that power down through a front wheel drive car. Totaly impractical but does show what these guys can produce.

JiB

Advanced Member
Zero7 said:
I would hate to even try and get half that power down through a front wheel drive car. Totaly impractical but does show what these guys can produce.
Well, that's settled then. They need to mount the motor in the boot :lol:

Get a little mini-NSX thing goin :wink:

Zero7

Advanced Member
JiB said:
Zero7 said:

I have mine at 260bhp and tbh that sometimes feels like too much and I'm found fighting with the wheel when full power is down.

tp

Zero7 said:
JiB said:
Zero7 said:

I have mine at 260bhp and tbh that sometimes feels like too much and I'm found fighting with the wheel when full power is down.
:lol:

Strictly between you and me....I think Paul's barking mad!
Its his first go at a Turbo conversion and its not too shabby. :lol:
I think everyone was waiting to see what he could do if he ever built a boosted motor. After all he did work for Garrett in R&D for over 10 years on motorsport applications. 8)

Just to clear a point up made on another forum, I posted this thread on behalf of Paul as his computer died last week. He should be posting later to answer questions raised as soon as he is on-line again. :wink:

RPM

Thanks for the pos feedback :D
I felt I'd done as much as I could with the N/A K20 engine (without putting NOS on) which was bullet proof as we drove to all events raced and then drove home.

With the K24 I went for the GT35 roller bearing turbo as they can spool up quickly, which will help on the bends :D
The aim is to make the car very quick although as pointed out will involve a lot of upgrades which we have mostly already done eg, dog box, drive shafts, poly bushed suspension, etc.
Its a learning curve but its also good to try different things :D

mike99

Advanced Member
cant wait to see how this thing goes on track. again props on the worksmanship guys. 8)