Tdi North Tunning

ginger5239

Hi guys my dc5 is booked in for a Hondadata chip and a remap in beginning of January so far the only mod ive done is fitted a mugen twin loop cat back, And a induction kit! Can ANYONE Suggest some mods to before I have the remap to achieve best results please ive been looking at bigger injectors walbro fuel pump and 70mm high flow throttle body????????????????

Attachments

maxvr6

Advanced Member
You want to look at fitting an RBC intake manifold, and exhaust manifold, before you look at a throttle body, then comes cams etc...

truupR

Advanced Member
Looks like something I see on the scrap van ginge.... Hope this is money well spent son, need a few more bhp's to keep up now ;) try to drive like a civilised human being on the 3 hour drive up with me in the car please, you've got a pretty bad reputation building! lol

davidpingu

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
You want to look at fitting an RBC intake manifold, and exhaust manifold, before you look at a throttle body, then comes cams etc...
This. If you're looking for a throttle body at the same time, speak to Paul Hughes at Buddyclub as they do a tried and tested ported throttle body and inlet combo which is supposed to give good results.

raz786

Advanced Member
Depends on your budget mate, RBC would be top of my list as produces good power for the money, and then exhaust manifold. Maybe even get the Buddyclub RBC and throttle body combo as mentioned above.
More extreme could be cams or forced induction :D

davidpingu

Advanced Member
truupR said:
don't cams run like garbage on the dc5?

edit: uprated ones that is..
Depends, there's like a million profiles. Someone on here has a 2.2 rebuild with TDI cams and they've said it's ok for a daily. Can't remember their user Id. We've been asking him for a flippin build update for ages though!!! :D

TDI do about 3 profiles alone I think then you've got that Brian crower dude or whoever he is with about 10 options lol

Mark_teg

Staff member
don't cams run like garbage on the dc5?

edit: uprated ones that is..
Depends, there's like a million profiles. Someone on here has a 2.2 rebuild with TDI cams and they've said it's ok for a daily. Can't remember their user Id. We've been asking him for a flippin build update for ages though!!! :D

TDI do about 3 profiles alone I think then you've got that Brian crower dude or whoever he is with about 10 options lol

Coolerking!!!! Common Adam, sort it out :)

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Depends how aggressive you go.

TDi Stage 1 drop in's use full OEM valvetrain, keep an OEM idle (i.e not lumpy) and should be perfect for a daily.

Go for stage 4's with full head build, a lumpy (but cool as) idle and it will be a pig to drive low down.

truupR

Advanced Member
Wingnuttzz said:
Depends how aggressive you go.

TDi Stage 1 drop in's use full OEM valvetrain, keep an OEM idle (i.e not lumpy) and should be perfect for a daily.

Go for stage 4's with full head build, a lumpy (but cool as) idle and it will be a pig to drive low down.
what sort of gains could be had from a sensible stage 1 set you reckon? I'm assuming it has to be coupled with the usual mods intake/exhaust manifold, air induction etc.

jasondc55

Advanced Member
Tdi have just done a ep3 which hit 259 with the mods you stated its on their facebook page. I cant be sure if it had cams though.

TDi North cams getting results yet again this time on an EP3.

This is a stunning 1 owner from new car and is in showroom condition. It also has the full optional leather interior which is pretty rare.

Car has a TegiwaM intake, RBC, DC manifold and catback.

Our cams supplied fitted and fully dyno tuned are £1500 and run with stock valvetrain. A true drop in cam.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
truupR said:
what sort of gains could be had from a sensible stage 1 set you reckon? I'm assuming it has to be coupled with the usual mods intake/exhaust manifold, air induction etc.
260bhp I'd say with sort of normal mods, with 3" exhaust, proper exhaust manifolds and custom intakes I'd hope for 270bhp.

It's only a number though, it's about how it drives that's important. A remap on its own on a standard car would transform it.

truupR

Advanced Member
don't know if I could ever cope with a 3" system.... one of the tegs I viewed a while back before I got mine had an unsilenced 3" system - would of woken up the whole street at 5:30am when I set off for work :/ That's quite a nice figure though, 260bhp. Shame I don't have the money for that kind of stuff yet! think it'd be one of the later purchases as well, so many things I want/need to buy first. Think I may start a fundraiser - just £2 a month for Rhys's poor teg :(

integraleo

Advanced Member
What you have to ask yourself is 10-20bhp gains for 1500 quid for cams or 80 odd bhp for 3000 ish supercharged

Mark_teg

Staff member
What you have to ask yourself is 10-20bhp gains for 1500 quid for cams or 80 odd bhp for 3000 ish supercharged

It's not all about power, but the characteristics of the engine ;)

integraleo

Advanced Member
Which is why I'm doing neither lol.cams in my opinion are not worth it in terms of gains for the money and supercharge r is great but too much money

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
It all depends what you want out of the car.

N/A with cams will give much better throttle response, Supercharger gives good power right through the rev range, Turbo will make huge power most likely beyond 4k depending on turbo size.

Either way, its expensive. Been some good 2nd hand cams gone on CTRO recently for sub £1k, 2nd hand Jacksons Racing Supercharger is £2k.

Supercharger is easier and more liveable with for most people, to get cams to work and make good power you will need 3" exhaust etc, so it will be loud.