Teg will be going soon

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I've had her for over three years now but I think it is time to move on come Feb when I receive another years no claims (touch wood).

I am on the hunt for a mint Evo VIII MR FQ, probably the 320. Some say I'll regret it, some say I might be skint after 4 weeks, but it's a car I have wanted to own for about a year now and I feel it is the right time to move on.

I am not in a rush to sell though, as to be honest the DC5 isn't a bad car at all and I am just about to spend a good part of £400 on pure TLC for her.

Who know once it's gone and I get an Evo I may well return to DC5 ownership.

flex1984

Advanced Member
Sure it will be as great as the teg, just in diff ways

will there be any parts up for sale?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Car will be sold standard, yes, but I don't have many modded parts left as I have been slowly stripping it for about 2 years. My car page thing is well out of date.

bobmeaney

Would you believe Im the exact opposite... I currently have a 2003 Evo 8 GSR and am looking to make the change back to Honda (had an ep3 previously).

For me, I use it as a daily driver and i've just bought a house which adds an extra 25 miles per day onto my journey and I know the evo is going to start chewing up my wallet, so want to go back to the good ole k20.

I dont think youll regret changing, they are extremely fun cars to drive with tuning possibilities only limited by your bank balance :D . But be prepared for 200 miles and less to a tank of standard driving. thats about the only bad point.

Best of luck with your search anyways!

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
bobmeaney said:
Would you believe Im the exact opposite... I currently have a 2003 Evo 8 GSR and am looking to make the change back to Honda (had an ep3 previously).

For me, I use it as a daily driver and i've just bought a house which adds an extra 25 miles per day onto my journey and I know the evo is going to start chewing up my wallet, so want to go back to the good ole k20.

I dont think youll regret changing, they are extremely fun cars to drive with tuning possibilities only limited by your bank balance :D . But be prepared for 200 miles and less to a tank of standard driving. thats about the only bad point.

Best of luck with your search anyways!
Cheers mate. The only thing I need a car for is the occasional drive to Tesco's/The GF's 3 miles away so the MPG won't really bother me. I am lucky in the fact I can walk to work. :D

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
MilanoChris said:
as to be honest the DC5 isn't a bad car at all
:xnworthy: Good luck with the Evo.Bet you'll miss the :xvtec: :xbye: :twistednod

carfiend

Advanced Member
Jesus you were selling this over a year ago. I bet those standard struts are still at Toms!

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
Made the switch from DC5 to a IX FQ-340 with a few more ponies and have not regretted it at all. They are totally different cars and as long as you accept that there are certain area's where it is not as good as the DC5 (build quality of interior, feedback through the wheel and general balance of the car) then you will absolutely love it.

celox performance

Advanced Member
AndyBITR said:
They are totally different cars and as long as you accept that there are certain area's where it is not as good as the DC5 (build quality of interior, feedback through the wheel and general balance of the car) then you will absolutely love it.
That comment's spot on. I've got myself an Evo 6 which I use as an everyday driver instead of the Teg. The Evo's such a great road car that i'm undecided whether to sell the Teg myself as the Evo does everything the Teg does. There are a number of downsides to Evo ownership compared to the Teg, as already mentioned above such as the build quality/steering feel/fuel consumption/insurance and general running costs. If you learn to drive the Evo properly then it's a very capable car out of the box. I'm still on the OEM suspension and it's fine for track use and can still fend some DC5's off :lol:

If you're going to sell the Teg then I think you've made a good choice going for an Evo and I know you'll love it :)

dotty

Advanced Member
stevieD said:
My advice would be buy a 6 RS and forget the 8 MR if it's just a weekend toy. :-"
I was told this too, I was set on an 8 but I am in the same situation as Chris, (only needing it for the weekends) therefore I am looking in to getting a 6GSR (can't justify the cost of a TME)

Celox - any pointers when looking for a six?

I am an MLR member but advice always welcomed :D

celox performance

Advanced Member
dotty said:
stevieD said:
My advice would be buy a 6 RS and forget the 8 MR if it's just a weekend toy. :-"
I was told this too, I was set on an 8 but I am in the same situation as Chris, (only needing it for the weekends) therefore I am looking in to getting a 6GSR (can't justify the cost of a TME)

I've seen you on there but i'm not the best at giving advice on the Evo's yet. The guys on there are far more knowledgable than I am. The TME's aren't worth the extra and from what i've read on the MLR forum the vast majority have spent nearly all of their lives going round a track :roll: . I was lucky and found a good E6 in under 2 weeks, but I did pay 10k for it but it was money well spent :)

dotty

Advanced Member
celox performance said:
dotty said:
stevieD said:

I've seen you on there but i'm not the best at giving advice on the Evo's yet. The guys on there are far more knowledgable than I am. The TME's aren't worth the extra and from what i've read on the MLR forum the vast majority have spent nearly all of their lives going round a track :roll: . I was lucky and found a good E6 in under 2 weeks, but I did pay 10k for it but it was money well spent :)

Any pics? :)

mikegsi

Staff member
from memory the 8gsr's share the same less reliable internals as the 7's, the fq's and mr's all had updated internals which were much more reliable

i wouldnt buy a gsr if i had my choice again, would be an mr version without doubt