TEGIWA ENGINE TORQUE DAMPER

paul 16v

Advanced Member
I bought a tegiwa engine torque damper from them on ebay, i received it and there is absoulty no movement in the damper at all it totally solid anyone else's like that??

i had spoon etd on my old dc2 and that actually worked where as this tegiwa one does not!!

LeeH

Advanced Member
I cannot remember being able to move my Spoon one by hand.

Just make sure you have the thread all the way out if you want it on its softest setting.

paul 16v

Advanced Member
LeeH said:
I cannot remember being able to move my Spoon one by hand.

Just make sure you have the thread all the way out if you want it on its softest setting.
arrrrrr ha thanks just tried that and it seems to have to have some movement now
no instructions with it you see!! :oops:

cheers

paul 16v

Advanced Member
yeh ive had a mess around with it now and seems to have some movement which is alot better as before it was solid and all i could feel was vibrations!!

Martctr

Advanced Member
It's an elastomer (like rubber) in the early days of mountain biking they were used for front suspension. Problem with elastomers is that harden in the cold creating a fork that didnt move. All modern (half decent forks) are air/oil with springs.

Basically it's not likely to give in your hand but under the bonnet with the heat and force of the engine I'd expect movement so don't worry it's not the product it's just how the elastomer is.