Tegiwa Gear Extension

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Is anyone got one of these fitted and if so could you post a picture as I'm interested to see what these look like.

Coomya

I have one, had it fitted for a little while but i didnt really like it, so i took it off...... the only real use i had for it was fitting it to my drill when i last polished the gear knob. If i get a chance this morning i'll fit it again and post up a picture.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
If it fits on top of the existing stick it will increase the throw between gears. If you want to raise the shifter position fit some spacers underneath. You can go about an inch with the std plastics still in place I think

T

Tegiwa Imports

Combined with a short shift the actual throw will be te same as standard. I personally feel they give you increase car control especially if you need to change up/down mid corner.

wocka

Advanced Member
I had a shortshift and gear stick extension fitted to my nissan pulsar, was fantastic to drive with. Cant comment on my dc5, standard in that area, considering a tegiwa shortshift though

jazmo

I've got one of these, felt strange at first but now I love it! Feels so much better when your pressing on, just feels like you have more control, and its so close to the steering wheel!

snooz3

Advanced Member
I have purchased one of these, If you are driving the car hard it is in an ideal position for changing ( just off the wheel ) however.. In all honesty I thought it made the gearbox feel terribly loose. It looks great in my eyes but after a few days I got fed up, maybe with a short shift kit this would be a different matter I just couldn't do with the loose feel and extended throw.

bennn

Advanced Member
I think it looks ridiculous and surely it would just make the throw much further?

Nothing wrong with it as standard as far as I was concerned!