Tegiwa insane Drive Shafts too Short!

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
3 years of having 350 lbs ft of torque, never broke a drive shaft...
Nice.

What tyres do you run?

I was told it should only be a problem if you run semi slicks etc.

I guess beppe just been unlucky here

beppe786

Beppe
been confirmed there are wrong length so im returning both and just upgrading current shafts joints..

ill picture both before i sent back so you all can see..

i'm just sharing this to warn others of potential problems with them.. and hear your feedback on them..

TyperItr

Advanced Member
I know it's not too relevant to the problem of the driveshafts being the wrong but just interested to know, did you end up getting covered for any extra costs?

beppe786

Beppe
TyperItr said:
I know it's not too relevant to the problem of the driveshafts being the wrong but just interested to know, did you end up getting covered for any extra costs?
will keep u posted.. got too now get there f**kers off and get them posted back at my expense.. will let you know if i get anything back for there cock up!

TyperItr

Advanced Member
You had to pay to return the shafts? Postage is calculated by weight and for sure driveshafts are not light!!

2ndy

Advanced Member
Could you use the joints of the insane driveshafts and fit to your standard ones?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
2ndy said:
Could you use the joints of the insane driveshafts and fit to your standard ones?
I tried that theory on some i had, (not insane but aftermarket) and the diameter of the shaft and splines was different.

Blueprint ep3 ends fit,
standard ep3 ends fit,
buying an aftermarket ep3 shaft and swapping both ends does not fit.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Jimmer, didn't you mention you had got some uprated shaft with a larger diameter or something along those lines so the inner joint didn't fit your dc5 shaft? Or was it all standard?
I'd have thought it is just the shaft length that differs.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
JDMFresh said:
will keep u posted.. got too now get there f**kers off and get them posted back at my expense.. will let you know if i get anything back for there cock up!
surely thats not right, if they have supplied something that doesnt fit , why is it your problem ? , IMO they should arrange to have them collected and pay for the removal job to be done,
when you bought them you bought "DC5 R driveshafts" so you fitted them theres no reason to suspect anything would be wrong, its not like you bought universal fit shafts and are now complaining they dont fit,

2ndy

Advanced Member
To be fair you could clearly see the drive shafts where too short and had them fitted anyway so i dont think Tegiwa should have to cover the labour

TyperItr

Advanced Member
How would it be clear? I know when I got them I had no idea by just looking at them in my hand. Only when I had my old ones removed did I notice it, unless you had previously measured them I don't think it's clear until you compare them
At that stage it's too late. At that stage you have removed your drive shafts and fitted your old ones back in. That is once in and out. And when you get the right set that is a second time.
Plus I think they should have sent you the correct ones before you removed theirs.

Now you have to put the driveshafts in and out 3 times.

2ndy

Advanced Member
The pictures posted are pretty clear that they are shorter..

They definitely owe him something but if I had taken a shaft out and seen the new one was as short as shown in the picture I wouldn't have fitted it, could cause more damage having them fitted and driving it