Tegiwa m intake question

Russty

Hi kind of new to the forum . Just after an answer from some people that have first hand experience of the tegiwa m intake as im looking to purchase one .

One thing that is making me not 100 % to go for it is i currently have a hondata mod airbox with mugen filter and cold air feed , it works well but will i notice a significant difference with the tegiwa ? . Id say nearly 60% of the forum swear by it but quite a few people swear by the hondata oem box . Is there a loss of torque with the tegiwa vs oem ? Kind of looking for pros vs cons .

Thanks guys

Andy

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
my airbox was modded before i put a tegm on. haven't done a dyno before and after so couldn't tell you what the gains/losses are. without testing it with and without at the same time on a dyno anything said one way or another is just speculation.

certainly looks and sounds better though

itrsarg

Advanced Member
What ever set up you get andy you won't feel any power increase on the road, I've tried a few over the years ;) save your money from the tegiwa m thing. And put the money towards handling or something more noticeable for your money, that's only my opinion tho :)

DC5RS

DC5
itrsarg said:
What ever set up you get andy you won't feel any power increase on the road, I've tried a few over the years ;) save your money from the tegiwa m thing. And put the money towards handling or something more noticeable for your money, that's only my opinion tho :)
this :)

Westy88

What's the best filter to put in the closed in air box then. I like tegiwa because of the noise in vetec, so was wondering if any in air box filter can give a similar noise increase.

itrsarg

Advanced Member
No noise from a just a filter Andy :( I was lucky to find a second hand aem cai on this forum which sounds awesome :) there is a injen cai in the for sale section but the filter is nackerd, maybe worth a pm to the guy and do a deal.

Westy88

itrsarg said:
No noise from a just a filter Andy :( I was lucky to find a second hand aem cai on this forum which sounds awesome :) there is a injen cai in the for sale section but the filter is nackerd, maybe worth a pm to the guy and do a deal.
Thanks for that, il try search it now. I don't suppose you noticed any power increase or decrease with yours did you. Tbh I'm not tracking it, I just heard a civic with a open air induction kit and it does sound mean in vtec

itrsarg

Advanced Member
Westy88 said:
Thanks for that, il try search it now. I don't suppose you noticed any power increase or decrease with yours did you. Tbh I'm not tracking it, I just heard a civic with a open air induction kit and it does sound mean in vtec
With throttle response yes, and when it hits vtec the noise makes it feel faster, but never a decrease in power just tiny gains :)

anton1234

Advanced Member
I've had a Gruppe m and found a loss of torque below 4000rpm compared to hondata mod, a tiny bit more power top end from the Gruppe m I expect this is due too the ram effect, if you want the noise just get an Sri if not keep your money mate

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I just have a quick question.

I've found some really good clips of a DC5 doing a trackday at Cadwell. I posted a comment on the clips and the guy is running a carbon J's racing intake, Spoon N1 and has been re-mapped.

The car sounds lovely, it has a great noise and it seems to pull very well too. I've never driven a DC5 before and I will be picking mine up Wednesday. I don't have any immediate plans to modify it but they sound lovely with these carbon intakes and the Tegiwa one seems a decent price too for what it is.

For those that have them whether it's a J's, Tegiwa or Gruppe M - Is there a massive noticable difference in noise from a standard airbox/intake DC5? Also after mapping is the accelaration and pull that much better as I couldn't get over how quick and how smooth the one on the clip is especially in the top end in 4th, 5th and 6th gears.

Thanks.

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
Yes there is a good bit of difference in noise. Can't comment on mapping haven't had it done... yet :p

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Cheers chaps, thanks for the responses.

I will see. I want to drive the car as it is for now with a standard engine, it does have an uprated exhaust of some kind so it will be fine for the time being but cost wise I will probably opt for the Tegiwa once I've saved some money up.

Cheers.

knobosaurus

Don't mean to hijack the thread but is there any risk with hydro locking on a rainy day with a tegiwa/gruppem? I too have a hondata air box and am considering an upgrade

Sent from my Aurora-II

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
Not really, there's a drain hole in the intake. you'd have to be properly special to manage to hydrolock running the gruppe M

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
I just have a quick question.

I've found some really good clips of a DC5 doing a trackday at Cadwell. I posted a comment on the clips and the guy is running a carbon J's racing intake, Spoon N1 and has been re-mapped.

The car sounds lovely, it has a great noise and it seems to pull very well too. I've never driven a DC5 before and I will be picking mine up Wednesday. I don't have any immediate plans to modify it but they sound lovely with these carbon intakes and the Tegiwa one seems a decent price too for what it is.
I seen those videos.... Sounds amazing.

Ronnie31

Wouldnt happen to be your youtube channel hes watching is it Steve?

Its a good channel to waste hours watching a host of cars being driven well