tegiwa manifold fits on j's racing 70rr???

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Uuh i thought the 70rr has its own manifold included from j,s, just the 2-1 section. The 4-2 can fit different ones, somebody confirm this please.

kokos191

well yes it comes with the 2-1 section. But i might go for the tegiwa 4-2-1 instead, thats why am asking ;)

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
Yes, but to make a flange out of titanium and weld it on the titanium piping shall be a bit pricey ;)
Why use the Tegiwa header? Better combo with the J's 4-2 (larger diameter piping then the Tegiwa)

kokos191

its the SS one not the titanium hehe ;)
Would use the tegiwa header cause its kind of cheaper i think?

Mark_teg

Staff member
Basically, it's a no. The J's system replaces (the most restrictive) half of the manifold anyway!

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
Hahaha, I was thinking in Titanium :D.

Then it's no problem that you can modify the 70RR and weld a flange on the exhaust. Only I don't think you get the full profits of the exhaust.
The bore of the Tegiwa shall be around 60mm at the end of the header and the J's is already on 70mm at that point.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
it would be possible to weld on a flange BUT the exhaust isnt designed to fit like that and could crack elsewhere, the slip and spring joint it has allows some flex,

Personally i would use the J's FX pro 4-2 section or the spoon, but the OEM will also fit and work just fine on stock engines, its the cat removal that makes the difference. be prepared to get a CEL when its gone though

Several years ago there were a few failed Spoon exhausts , i saw 3 myself and all had failed because they had not been fitted with the oem spring bolts, instead normal nuts and bolts had been used, thus removed the flex from the system and caused the manifolds to crack.

in the last 5 or so years i havent heard of any cracking although people still say "spoon manifolds crack"

Lewis93

Advanced Member
My heart skipped a beat when I read this as I purchased a spoon 4-2 header only a couple of weeks back and my next step is to get the 70. Real useful info about the spring bolts I'll have to keep that in mind!

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
you need to use them, so there is a flexible joint on both pairs of pipes, if one is solid its more likely to crack.