Tegiwa manifold or dc sports?

paul 16v

Advanced Member
Which of these two are better? I had a dc sports manifold on my old dc5 and my old civic and had no problems what so ever but i heard the tegiwa manifold is supposed to be very good?

cheers

Mark_teg

Staff member
Good question!
I dont think you'll get a definative answer however! Chances are nobody has tried both back-to-back so they'll just argue that what they own is the best xrofl (lots of Tegiwa manifold fans on here!)

Get a Toda and you'll know you have the best :xnworthy:

I have a DC sports btw :p

paul 16v

Advanced Member
Hmm i cant seet difference being much and the dc sports i had on my old dc5 was faultless.. and there on offer for £365 at abp so might just go for another dc sports.

would love a toda to go with my toda cat back but they are just a bit dear!!

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I can't see there being much in it tbh. Marks puts good figures out on the dyno through the DC. Just as much as the rest running similar mods. Not sure you could truthfully notice the difference between the two products but some may disagree

_BILLY_EK9_

Advanced Member
Hmm i cant seet difference being much and the dc sports i had on my old dc5 was faultless.. and there on offer for £365 at abp so might just go for another dc sports.

would love a toda to go with my toda cat back but they are just a bit dear!!

link to the offer bud ^^^ £365 sounds cheap

T

Tegiwa Imports

There has NEVER been an issue with the flexi's

The DC Sports however has had lots of flexi failures to the point where you are not covered by warranty unless you installed engine mount inserts.

dave7368

Advanced Member
i never had any issues with my DC manifold, and it's new owner hasn't either..

they probably have had more failures than the tecopytodawiga ones due to probably selling millions more of them....

Mark_teg

Staff member
i never had any issues with my DC manifold, and it's new owner hasn't either..

they probably have had more failures than the tecopytodawiga ones due to probably selling millions more of them....
No issues with mine either (DC) and its about 4yrs old (30k ish miles) now!

T

Tegiwa Imports

ABP won't install them without the engine inserts as DC Sports will not honour warranty claims without them.
Honestly though the quality of DC Sports is OK, but failures are not uncommon.

Mark_teg

Staff member
ABP won't install them without the engine inserts as DC Sports will not honour warranty claims without them.
Honestly though the quality of DC Sports is OK, but failures are not uncommon.
That's always been the case regarding warranty.
It's probably the numties that don't fit the inserts that get the failures :)

DC5iveIRL

_BILLY_EK9_ said:
do you have to drop the subframe to fit these ? Can't find a guide on the Internet
hows it going i have a tegiwa mani on my dc5 i fitted it handy enough only thing i had to do is drop the anti roll bar

_BILLY_EK9_

Advanced Member
ok thats great news, was thinking the whole rear subframe needed to be dropped as it does look tight going in from below