Tegiwa Rear Anti Roll Bar ARB Kit - Potenital Fitment Issue.

Chewy

Advanced Member
Evening all,

So we have a potential fitment issue with the 'Tegiwa 24mm Rear Anti Roll Bar ARB Kit', Maybe...

Basically I had an MOT advisory of play In drop links so I've decided to replace them all, I was initially going to throw on Hardrace drop links all round but decided to just put them on the front after a conservation with Tegiwa and finding out their ARB kit includes a pair of rose jointed drop links, I thought 'Bugger it' would be silly not to, seeing as I'd be wanting to change the ARB soon anyway... So done deal, Hard race up front, Tegiwa ARB kit at the back.

Fitment Issue Part 1;

Removed the old OEM drop links/OEM ARB and the bolts for the LCA's and decided to make sure the new tie bar would match up....It almost did...the top 2 bolt holes were slightly out of line once the new bolts for the LCA's had been put in, so with the mind set of after market parts never been 100% I extended the holes slightly, Pictured below to give a better understanding.

But yes, this worked a treat, No worries there then.

'Potential' Issue Part 2

With the Tie bar now held in place it was time to offer up the ARB and get it bolted into place...It almost did, Haha.

Basically once it was offered up to the correct position it would quite badly foul the OEM back box silencer, It was going to require at least an extra inch or so of clearance just to stop contact with the silencer and then a little more to ensure they wouldn't knock on each other during motion.

Here's pictures of the area it contacts;

So at the minute shes back to the previous OEM state and Lewis is a little bit sad.

I have been in contact with Tegiwa and provided the details and they will be looking into it, as it turns out I may be the first one in the UK to buy this for the DC5...

Hopefully Tegiwa will chime in here but at the minute, I'll update this with their response as it progresses, The information was only passed over to them this morning and the response I have had thus far is 'This has been passed to the directors'.

My next step is to source an alternative Backbox or Catback to see if that provides enough clearance to get it on, so a thread along those lines will be popping up shortly...

***Just to note***

This is not me slating Tegiwa or their products at all, I have purchased from them a few times previously and fitted some of their own products and everything has been spot on.

This is just me passing information on to follow members who may be considering purchasing this kit whilst still having their OEM exhaust (or sizable equivalent, Mugen Twin loop?) or backbox on, as at the minute. It will not fit.

I'm hoping an alternative exhaust system will allow the clearance required, It's just an expense I'd have rather avoided at the minute, but a return/refund probably won't be possible for the ARB kit seeing as I decided to respray the Tie bar before fitting...NICE.

Thanks for reading, I'll keep you posted.

Lewis and 'The Duchess'.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Hmm interesting one matey, I was looking at one of these before hand...

I can't imagine that they wouldn't of test fitted it, but then again if it's a copy of the cusco one (I think) you never know... Does the cusco suffer from this issue?

See what spiel they come back with...

Chewy

Advanced Member
I wasn't sure If It was a 'copy' of the Progress or the Cusco one...

But the chap did agree and had the understanding that it should fit irregardless of what exhaust system you're running.

I also let him know It was a facelift model but that's irrelevant as they're both identical underneath anyway.

I wouldn't have thought any company would put a product to the masses without testing it, Copy or not...But I'm sure that's not the case.

I'll just have to sit tight for now, Haha.

nellly

Advanced Member
they may well have tested it but on something with an after market exhaust.

hopefully they will bend over backwards, especially if this is the first one they have sold.

dave7368

Advanced Member
Haha... I think we all knew it would be a copy of someones.....

and not a very good copy if it doesn't fit...

Chewy

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
Haha... I think we all knew it would be a copy of someones.....

and not a very good copy if it doesn't fit...
This is true, there's no disputing that.

If I was better off financially at the point of purchase, I'd be purchasing the genuine original proven parts, without a doubt, but this isn't the case.

I decided to put the bulk of my budget into different areas of the car meaning I have to look into alternatives for other things, even If It be a replica part.

As long as it's good build quality and does the job, for something rarely seen, It seems a sensible purchase, unfortunately it didn't work out that way this time...You win some, you lose some.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
i agree that saving on something like an ARB is a good decision, since its essentially a piece of metal that wont be seen....

and you may still win if they sort the fitment issues out, and then i may consider getting one!

dave7368

Advanced Member
HR Imports said:
I've been waiting for you to chime in :D
haha, i hope tegiwa don't copy HR's shifter yet, HR haven't got that right yet! imagine what a cheap copy would be like ! ! !

HR Imports

Parts Trader
dave7368 said:
haha, i hope tegiwa don't copy HR's shifter yet, HR haven't got that right yet! imagine what a cheap copy would be like ! ! !
Oh really! Are there fitment issues? Put a post in my trader section if you like rather than going off topic here. Be good to get some product feedback for others though as you're one of the very few to have one. I'll also pass your feedback on to the guys back in the U.S.

Chewy

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
why bother upgrading ? just powdercoat the original one
It's my daily driver so It had to be a direct replacement, that, and the fact it came with a tie bar and a pair of rear drop links I was already after so It worked out not much more to just get the whole ARB kit.

dave7368

Advanced Member
HR Imports said:
Oh really! Are there fitment issues? Put a post in my trader section if you like rather than going off topic here. Be good to get some product feedback for others though as you're one of the very few to have one. I'll also pass your feedback on to the guys back in the U.S.
check out my review..

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/39730-shiny-new-parts/?hl=%2Bshiny+%2Bnew+%2Bparts

it's already sold given away to sam g when i get a chance to put the k tuned back in..

HR Imports

Parts Trader
dave7368 said:
check out my review..

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/39730-shiny-new-parts/?hl=%2Bshiny+%2Bnew+%2Bparts

it's already sold given away to sam g when i get a chance to put the k tuned back in..
Wow, given away?!! Gutted I missed out on that one. Shame you didn't send it back though as they'd never know there was an issue otherwise. Perhaps it's specific to the JDM model with the clearance issues if there is some difference between LHD/RHD but I'll report it to them and see what they say. Maybe I can convince them to loan me one :D

Sorry Chewy I will stop changing the subject now. Good luck with getting it sorted :)

Benneh

Advanced Member
Slightly related to this, does anyone know the diameter of the OEM rear arb offhand? I know my bushes are in a pretty bad state so wanted to replace them before the next MOT comes round. I think it might be 19mm but would be grateful if someone could clarify before I purchase! :)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
doesnt really need to be much stiffer imo. we run stock ones on most of the race cars at tgm