TEIN Coilovers making funny noise

Jayk

Advanced Member
Guys,.

Put my tein type flex coilovers on the weekend, they are 2 months old, bought them secondhand (from a reputable guy/friend)

Now i put them on and the left one when gonig over a bump made like a suction noise, say if you put your palms together and squeeze. Its strange.

Now the steering was well out, and i looked on the pillowball mounts and the left side was setup to toe-in slightly and the right side was toe-out quite a bit, so i adjusted the top to bring the rightside of the right coilover to the same toe, which almost sorted my steering issue.

However now that side is also making that noise, its when i got over a bump or something.

Any ideas if they make these noises, ive never used teins before or coilovers on a dc5.

Its booked in tomorrow at ABP for full corner weight, geo set up etc. But done want to get there and find out these coilovers are dead.

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks
Jay

Jayk

Advanced Member
thats what i was thinking mate. gas filled aint they so doesnt sound to good.

Jayk

Advanced Member
will do mate, when i fitted them there was no oil on them what-so-ever.

spoke to TSL who said Tein flex and monoflex coilovers are not quiet. i will have a check for oil and see what happens if not, its only a 30 mile trip to ABP tomorrow, get them to get check it out.

ta mate.

Allen

Advanced Member
If its the noise im thinking of i think they all do it.
My mate discribed as a star wars fight going on in the back of my car?... :?
Anyway... not sure how to descibe the noise?
Here goes... its like a "chusssh chusssh"

:lol: :lol: :oops:

deburr

Advanced Member
I'm running the flex and mine make a noise, i would descibe it to the noise the door make on star-treck (1st series with kurk and spock) :oops: :lol:

Jayk

Advanced Member
haha, thats the one, i was explaining to someone on the phone in the office and everyone was laughing at me!

thank god for that guys! right time to get it all set up tomorrow! :)

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
Mine do the same, The more you stiffen the shock up the less noise they make,
The stiffer the shock the less fluid passes through the piston and so less noise, Well that is my thinking anyhow.

Cheers.

Allen

Advanced Member
deburr said:
I'm running the flex and mine make a noise, i would descibe it to the noise the door make on star-treck (1st series with kurk and spock) :oops: :lol:
Star wars and star trek... :lol: