Tein or Tein

Matt-r8

After a little advice from those that my have used these coilovers in the past. I'm about to upgrade from oem to Tein coilovers. the choice is between the Tein Street advance and Tein Street Flex. The car is going to be used mostly for fun and the occasional track day. Also, I have been looking at the EDFC controllers. Are they a worthwhile investment, and if so, is it worth paying extra for the Active version rather than EDFC2?

Cheers.

matt

EDFC is something you'll use for the first week and never touch again, Dampers have a critical point at which they work best with a certain Spring rate.

Common misconception being to soften the car a lot for day to day driving and stiffen up for track use, however you'll find softening the dampers actually makes it bouncy and crashy and less
Comfortable than it would be with the dampers on medium to stiffer setting in most cases.

Basically, buy the best you can, from memory (we don't sell Tein) the two coilover kits you mention are the same dampers but the more expensive set has adjustable front top mounts.

Also, we've had a fair few customers with Teins that have found them way to bouncy no matter what damper setting, the Spring rates are to stiff for road use and you'll find yourself disappointed driving it down B roads as they're not confidence inspiring at all. Have a Google and you'll find others saying the same.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I'll give you a tip. Don't waste your money on Tein, mine collapsed and they cost a bomb to repair. Get some Bilstein coilovers instead, much better make and superior quality. If you want a scare, give Tein UK a call tomorrow and ask them how much it is to replace one shock absorber and see what they come back with.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Or if you're going to go for Tein look at Nitron coilovers as well. Bilstein would be my preferred choice personally.

Indi

Advanced Member
I've got custom yellowspeed from Areamotorsport with they're own Spring rates and I think they are awesome on the road and especially track 👍

kazmo

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Or if you're going to go for Tein look at Nitron coilovers as well. Bilstein would be my preferred choice personally.

nitron if you have deep pockets and long arms haha

Matt-r8

Thanks for the responses. Choices are very limited in Cyprus, but as I'm coming back to the uk in May next year, I may just wait.
I quite like how she handles now, very controllable even when the tyres have pretty much reached their limit. Another option was new standard shocks with spoon springs, and replacement bushes.