Tein street basis Z coilovers

ijlh

Advanced Member
Had the car up on the ramp at work the other day and noticed that one of the rear shocks was leaking slightly. Nothing major, but definitely something that I want to attend to.

Do I replace them all with OEM shocks, and some eibach springs?

Or do I go for a set of coilovers, like these?
http://www.driftshop.com/tein-street-basis-z-coilovers-honda-integra-type-r-dc5.html

Not looking for lap records around the Nurburgring, it's my daily driver and don't want them to be any worse than OEM basically.

Had Tein products in the past and always been impressed with them, has anyone used these on the DC5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spooke

Advanced Member
I would either look at some coilovers which have more adjustment, damping, camber etc

Or just go with OEM and springs if all you want is for it to be lower.

spooke

Advanced Member
NateDC5 said:
Any feedback on TEIN on dc5? I have street flex on my S2K and they are ok.
I know of someone who has some on his DC5 with the EDFC modules, seems happy with them although I don't know too much about them. I can try and get some information if you wanted.

boymuic

spooke said:
I know of someone who has some on his DC5 with the EDFC modules, seems happy with them although I don't know too much about them. I can try and get some information if you wanted.
that would be great, they are ok on my s2k, not as good as Ohlins though but I trust TEIN more than Taiwanese brands out there. At least Japanese ones are more sophisticated than others. Though i'm not sure if they are developed to UK roads...

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I had TEIN Super Street on my first DC5 with EDFC, they were very, very stiff even with the dampers wound down. They also started leaking within about a year of me buying the car. I replaced them with D2 suspension which weren't much better. In the end I went with OEM dampers and Eibach springs and everything was much improved.

boymuic

Chris. said:
I had TEIN Super Street on my first DC5 with EDFC, they were very, very stiff even with the dampers wound down. They also started leaking within about a year of me buying the car. I replaced them with D2 suspension which weren't much better. In the end I went with OEM dampers and Eibach springs and everything was much improved.
Thank you Chris for your feedback, how does the car sit with Eibach spring? do you have any pic of it?

thanks

subtronics

Advanced Member
I have only ever used Tein's they are great, :)

There were Tein Street Flex on mine when I bought it, and they look old, but still work perfectly, even better with EDFC.

As above though I would go for coilovers with adjustment. Suprised to here the Chris. had a problems with his, I had some Street Flex on my previous CL9 for 18months, 20k and still sold them for 300quid! And they are still going strong!

Drop me a pm if you want anymore info on them mate.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
NateDC5 said:
Thank you Chris for your feedback, how does the car sit with Eibach spring? do you have any pic of it?

thanks
Just google DC5 on Eibach springs.