TEINS now fitted

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Just thought I would pop a few pics in here of my TEINs now fitted.

Rears going on

Rears fitted

Fronts fitted

Top mount view

Actual Ride height

:D

Haven't had a chance to really test out the handling yet but hopefully will tomorrow..

UW

TegTypeR

Advanced Member
ummmm they look so so good what they cost ya !! the ultimate setup !! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

fenix2k

Hey

Just wandered, after running them for a while now, what they are like. they seem to be good on track but what about the road?? ive heard horror stories of coilover kits being WAY to hard for UK roads.

Cheers

ps2london

Advanced Member
that depend on which type or model. Tein HA or Flex both Track and Raod use.

Tein RA or N1 they both for racing.

I set to softest for road use like family car, on track hardest, also u can have u own setting that u happy with.less body roll for sure.

went to few trackday with HA already, everything alright. no problem.

i think any after market part must be better then the orginal, otherwise they won't make it....

fenix2k

ps2london said:
i think any after market part must be better then the orginal, otherwise they won't make it....
I didnt mean quality, i just wanted to know if they were a good balance for road and track use as track bias suspension is normally too hard for UK roads. As whats great on track is normally no good for road (especially here on our well maintained roads).

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
fenix2k said:
Hey

Just wandered, after running them for a while now, what they are like. they seem to be good on track but what about the road?? ive heard horror stories of coilover kits being WAY to hard for UK roads.

Cheers
Yeah agree with franz

its not any different on road than my spoons, although when I first got them and put them on the softest setting it was way to soft for me, car was bouncing to much, felt like I was in a bmw or something :roll: so after a few tweeks I now have the perfect road setup for me and for track nice and hard..

UW

Let me know if you want them and I can put you in touch with the supplier.

fenix2k

Cool

Just what i wanted to know. Its just in Jap Performance mag a couple of issues back they put their own scooby on coilovers and hated the hardness of the kit so took em off. But i guess its more down to personnal taste and manufacturers.

And yeah, where did you get them from (for future reference)?

ps just looked at the pics - do you have any probs with the ride-height at all? you wouldnt want to scrape they lovely body kit on some i'll placed speed bumps!!

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
fenix2k said:
Cool

Just what i wanted to know. Its just in Jap Performance mag a couple of issues back they put their own scooby on coilovers and hated the hardness of the kit so took em off. But i guess its more down to personnal taste and manufacturers.

And yeah, where did you get them from (for future reference)?

ps just looked at the pics - do you have any probs with the ride-height at all? you wouldnt want to scrape they lovely body kit on some i'll placed speed bumps!!
Nope ride height is fine mate and I live in London.. sleeping policeman city :evil:

The only comment I would say is .. I have had lowering springs on all my past cars .. for the past 5 years so I am use to the hardness..

The TEINS are very nice but the top mounts are a little noisey on bumpy roads, you dont even hear them on smooth roads.. Just something to bear in mind ..

but I normally have my music up or I am blasting so I dont hear them really.

Speak to PS2London when you are ready mate...

UW

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
I had Coilovers on my b16b CTR, and my car became useless in the wet and on the bumpy roads, not Tein HA, but it can have a really bad effect on the overall driveabilty.

On track they were perfect, on the road they felt fine until pushed, I had aggresive camber which is partly to blame, well worth going out with some one else first just to check its what you want.

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
HKS Hiper damper II Coilovers

I think that my Geo didnt help 2.5 degress positive camber on the front, does not help Parrell on the rear, over steer city :p

In the rain at Silverstone 1.5 years ago, I could barely keep my car on the circuit at any reasonable respectable speed.

On track in the dry with agressive Geo nothing will come pass Mark or Franz car's even with std power, with a slick/cut slick except Radicals, Very Fast road cars.

If you want to go fast on a circuit, fit coilovers, Slicks, and uprate the fluid and pads, and I guarentee very little will pass you, no need for an extra 30 bhp etc.
It does get very boring thou, as you find you are stuck behind cars a lot, and the car grips so well it almost becomes a choure to give it full welly.

Mark sorry for got to say looks 8) even thou I said you should have done it earlier ;)