Tenzo r/eibach lowering springs

Char_x

Hello!

I know there has been a lot about best suspension to buy for the dc5 but I have the money waiting to buy some lowering springs for the teg but I'm so undecided as to which ones to go for!

I really want a low ride height as I don't drive the car as a daily so comfort in regards to that isn't really a problem for me and I'm not planning on tracking the car so can anyone help as I really need some advice as I was thinking of getting the eibach sport lines but I'm worried that they won't be quite low enough and surely the 45mm/30mm will look a little odd?!

I have found these tenzo r springs on funky power and they seem to give a lower ride height than eibach sport lines do ( and they are good value for money! ) but I've tried a search and I can't find any info on them from anyone on here, does anyone know anything about them?!

image.jpg

scottr89

Advanced Member
Honestly i think you should go for the Eibachs...I have 50mm springs fitted to mine and it scrapes off of everything(speed bumps!), because of the way the exhaust hangs down in our tegs its just liable to damage. I am going to change to the Eibachs and i think you should go with them too but off course its up to you what you want to go for!

beppe786

Beppe
Eibachs do reverse rake so i got put off them just something to bare in mind

spoon best option but cant get hold of any in UK

Char_x

scottr89 said:
Honestly i think you should go for the Eibachs...I have 50mm springs fitted to mine and it scrapes off of everything(speed bumps!), because of the way the exhaust hangs down in our tegs its just liable to damage. I am going to change to the Eibachs and i think you should go with them too but off course its up to you what you want to go for!
Really? Damn...yeah I don't want to ruin my exhaust, I've found a review of the Tenzo r springs on a ep3 forum anyway and apparently they aren't very good, I shall go for the sportlines then and see what I think :)

Char_x

Beppe said:
Eibachs do reverse rake so i got put off them just something to bare in mind

spoon best option but can get hold of any in UK
What's reverse rake? I looked at spoon as they would of been my first choice but they are out of my price range unfortunately :(

Paudie_DC5R

Yes Eibach Pro Kit is reverse rake as well.

I have Tanabe NF210 on mine which is used as a daily and they are very comfortable. They drop the car by 1.2" (30mm) front and back which I think is perfect as it gets rid of the arch gap and no catching on speed bumps with a regu06&r and its b pipe hangs lower than most other exhausts.

If you want lower than 1.2" there is the Tanabe DF210 which lower by 1.5" (40mm).

scottr89

Advanced Member
I though that the general population on here were running the Eibach Pro kit...surely reverse rake looks awful ?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Spoons... Good luck getting a new set, but look awsome,

Eibach... front slightly higher at the front than the rear...drive supurb but that put me off,

Tanabe are supposed to be very good, and ive got Tein stech on mine. They are a level looking spring, ride is fairly similar to oem, crashy on the roads going slowly (near Street/Bridgwater/Weston and somerset in general), but when your not pottering around and on open road they are very good. Positive feedback, smooth, etc and useable over speedbumps with really minor scrapes when people in the back.

Only thing I did find annoying was a clunk when I fitted them, turned out to be the coils slapping together, so by moving a silencer rubber sleeve down a coil it cured it beautifly. :) Just another option for ya. ;)

(Sorry its dark, first one I chose)

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
Hey hun,
I run the SPOON springs on my DC5 - they are really really good ride but if it's drop your after they don't drop that much. But sits level and looks well :Xgrin:
Here's a pic of him

My friend has Eibachs on her teg not the lowest ones they do and hers is lower than mine and they ride really nice too.

Dunno if this helps, but good luck choosing your springs :) X