Terrible weekend blues.

Decklogic1

Advanced Member
Well the weekend started well, beautiful dry sunny day, up early, cooked breakfast, viewed a house I fancy buying, quick bit of shopping - all in the world is good - then on my way home some dizzy cow decides to use my car to stop rather than her brakes.

I'm not a happy camper anymore.
:(

Looks like new bumper, rear lip, and number plate holder required, not sure if the exaust is damaged - but I'll be having a proper look underneath tonight to check everything else.
At least its easily repairable, just a bummer really.

mikegsi

Staff member
hopefully no hidden damage, bumper/skirt though expensive are easily replaced

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
I feel for you mate. I was rear ended a few days before xmas and it was a right off. Young fella in a rotbox, I had a nightmare getting my money of the insurance comp too. Good excuse to get the dc5 though so every cloud etc etc.....

I hope you get it sorted asap

nefor

Advanced Member
rubbish sight to see, and right in the itr-dc5 sticker too!

hope you get it sorted soon

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Unlucky, so annoying isn't it! :cry: Try not to let it eat away at you!
Are theose 3 holes caused by her car?!

Cheers
Wardy

Decklogic1

Advanced Member
Thanks for comments and concerns guys.

Had her up on stands last night - rear bumper is holed due to the bolts that attach the rear slam panel to the chassis arms. The panel is needing repaired, but everything else is looking ok thank goodness. No damage to chassis arms, exhaust looks good.

Car drives as it should so happy days. Its going into a bodyshop on Thursday to get assessment done, and quote arranged for Miss Dizzy's insurance.

Timing is rotten though, just bought new tyres from Camskill, all required fluids from Opie Oils, and am awaiting the Gruppe M group buy to happen. Was booked in for its service next week, and was looking forwards to running around in my perfect wee Tokyo racer.
Never mind, will have her looking sweet again soon :D

carfiend

Advanced Member
Had something simular when I had a 106 Rallye. Dolly Bird picking up the sprogs and backing out of a parking space dead straight into the front of the Rallye while I sat in there waiting for my brother. Of course she tried to drive off until she saw me get out with camera phone in hand.

"Oh I was just moving out the way so not to block traffic"

Of course got details out of her in the end after 15 minutes of "You can still drive it" and "Its only a car who cares about the paint". I suspect the vein on my forehead was starting to bulge at those unwise comments.

tl;dr remove warning labels from everything and let stupidity sort itself.

Decklogic1

Advanced Member
:D
Some good news - Body shop say damage is easily fixed, and the lass who crashed into me has excepted full liability - so no loss of money or no claims - perfect.

Just need the insurance assessment and I can get on with the repair.

:D