Tesco's fuel offer

Gary

Advanced Member
I know a lot of you guys swear by Optimax but, Tesco have got their annual/bi-annual fuel offer on again - spend over £50 doin your 'big shop' :wink: at the tills and you get 5p off every litre at the pumps, which brings their Super down under the price of std. unleaded, which it has to be said, is pretty good!

Boukstraus

Yeah, got me wondering that one.

Have tried the tesco 99 stuff, seemed quite good for a while, and cheap even without the offer, then went on BP ultimate, but now back with the trusty V-Power :wink:

dotty

Advanced Member
I took advantage of this today 8)

93.9ppl for 99 ron that will do me nicely. Its the first time I have used it in ages, I normally use V-power.

I have done 180 miles today and the needle is still above half.

Boukstraus

Kin hell mate, 180 miles and still above half way mark, what you going down a 180 mile hill in 6th at about 50 :lol:

I did notice i got a few more miles out of a tank of tesco, but thats going some.

i'm just jealous really :wink:

REVIT

Be carefull of Tesco fuel.

I remember seeing some bad press on the tele about Tesco fuel being full of impurities.

Where can you buy V-Power fuel?

I've used BP Ultima and it certainly made a difference.

JDC5

Charged DC5
i think tesco fuel is alot beta now after they had that cock up..

yeah same here.. i was using tesco for abt a week and a bit.. i must say... tesco fuel did seem to last alot more then shell v-power... shell v-power just goes!

i mean.. performance wise.. nothing really..lol

Jimmy

kingston

Advanced Member
strange that, i find i get 20-30 miles more before the light comes on when using v-power, same driving styles/conditions

JDC5

Charged DC5
do you.. serious... ahha v-power goes like v-water in my car! lol

JD

keevster

Advanced Member
I have been using V Power in my DC5 since the start. I was out in the car yesterday, 220 miles with half tank left :lol: , and thats a mixture of foot down and steady driving. Best i've managed yet is around 368 out of a tank :lol:

I've always used V-Power/optimax over the past 4-5 years, it always seems to give me good MPG.

Paul :wink:

REVIT

368 MILES OUT OF A TANK !!!

I only normally get around 270 when using normal unleaded. I think I get about 290 when using BP Ultimate.

Surely it can't be just V-Power fuel that's giving you that kind of MPG. Have you made any alterations to your car? Are you keeping it under 3000 RPM?

Please don't get me wrong...I'm not challenging you. I'm just very very intrigued to know, 'cause if V-Power is that good then I'll start using it.

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
Now, the question is whether Paul is about to admit that by achieving those fuel figures, he drives like a duvet salesman :lol:

tedg

Advanced Member
~350 miles from a tank of any fuel is easy.. just have to cruise at a steady 70 on motorway and no so much VTEC.....

So VTEC in 5th gear past people on the motorway is NOT a way to achive good fuel economy :)

keevster

Advanced Member
DolphiN Tech said:
Now, the question is whether Paul is about to admit that by achieving those fuel figures, he drives like a duvet salesman :lol:

Yeh was driving like a pensioner :lol: Think i was quite skint that week, so rather than taking the fiesta, i thought drive the DC5 sensible and i will get as much MPG as the fiesta :lol: :oops: which i did :lol:

I would defo go as far to say though, its the most economical 2litre i have had, it beats the CTR on MPG.

Have not compared other fuels on a full tank, i will make that my next challenge :lol:

Paul :wink:

Edit- Car has back box and panel filter, thats it :wink:

JDC5

Charged DC5
i got 200miles today.. i was in 6th crusin at 100.. that took me half a tank

lol

JD