Tgm fast road settings

phil r

Advanced Member
Just getting my springs & bolts together can any body confirm camber & toe setting , is it
1 degree negitive camber front & rear & 1mm toe out on front , 1mm toe in on rear
cheers phil :)

LeeH

Advanced Member
Mine is 1 deg neg all round and 1mm toe in all round. Thats what Unit 8 set mine up as for 'street use'

HTH

celox performance

Advanced Member
phil r said:
Just getting my springs & bolts together can any body confirm camber & toe setting , is it
1 degree negitive camber front & rear & 1mm toe out on front , 1mm toe in on rear
cheers phil :)
Yes that's spot on :D

celox performance

Advanced Member
Ideally it should toe out on the front which will give better turn in and less understeer. Different tuners do use different fast road settings depending on what they think works the best on the road.

phozy888

Advanced Member
the cars feeling very twitchy and the backends feeling too light and wants to come out....well it does come out.

i've already spun the car once in the dry at only 35-40mph on a little corner

are there settings correct for a 17x7.5" wheels ? as on the alignment results it said 17" wheels..

celox performance

Advanced Member
That's strange the settings you've got shouldn't make the back end swing out especially at those low speeds :? . The camber's where it should be and the rear toes in as it should :?

What tyres have you got on and what pressures are you running?

phozy888

Advanced Member
yeap all scrubbed in..... i take it 3-4k or maybe more..

well alignment only done 1 month ago with spoon progs and front and rear camber arms... so with these settings about 1 k.

George K

Advanced Member
I have also experienced the 'lively' back end. On a test day it was very noticeable, but went away once the tyres (road type) were hot. I ended up running the rears much softer - 25 psi would you believe. For a Castle Combe sprint I also upped the rear camber to over 2.00.

phil r

Advanced Member
Must admit I'm getting a little concerned now got my car booked in for wednesday , told him as my post above 1 degree negative camber all round & 1mm toe out on front , 1mm toe in on rear , still wondering about the unit 8 settings so different :?:

celox performance

Advanced Member
phil r said:
Must admit I'm getting a little concerned now got my car booked in for wednesday , told him as my post above 1 degree negative camber all round & 1mm toe out on front , 1mm toe in on rear , still wondering about the unit 8 settings so different :?:
Phone unit 8 and ask them why they decided to toe in on the front :idea:

phozy888

Advanced Member
so does my settings look alrite ? has anyone else got TGM's fast road print out to compare settings?

Mark_teg

Staff member
Im no expert (so dont shoot me if im wrong) but I thought front wheel drive cars benefit from a little toe out on the front..

@ phozy888 try dropping the rear pressures a tad - 30 psi mine are set at. You shouldn't have any probs with that?..

George K

Advanced Member
Sorry to add to the confusion, but I spent half a day on a test track trying to sort this problem - 2005 face lift car. Even at 28 psi on cold tyres the problem persisted - geometry was very carefully set-up, rear camber negative 1.00 degree. Once the tyres were warm, actually hot, then it went away. This is why I have ended up at 25 psi for competition, as in sprints and hill climbs the runs are not long enough to get the tyres warm, also I have now gone to 2.00 negative at the rear, which on a cold damp day at C Combe seemed better.

The odd characteristic of the standard car is that , although it may be my imagination, I can feel the transition point at the rear of the rising rate suspension, which is quite an upleasant sensation If you look at the springs specs this transistion is quite radical. I know that after market coil overs get rid of this problem, but their rates are far too high for hill climbing and cold tyres, so I am still looking at the options.

This unpredictability on cold tyres is major drawback for hill climbing - first car on which I have experienced it - has happended on two different types of road tyre. Might solve it by going to track tyres, but that is sort of fudging the issue - best to solve it on road tyres and then make a bigger step with track tyres. Annoyingly there are not any soft track tyres in our size!

celox performance

Advanced Member
I do sprints and use D2 coilovers with F1 tyres. I run around 24psi in the front tyres and 36psi in the rear tyres with good results. The cambers set on 3.5 degrees neg all round with toe out all round and I don't get any oversteer at all, even in the wet.

phozy888

Advanced Member
hhmm.. ill try drop the pressure first.

oem pressure should be 33f- 31 r.

so im gonna try 31f and 29r