TGM FRSU - camber arms

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Hey guys

I'm off to TGM in a few weeks for the FRSU at last. They will be fitting Eibach camber arms, after searching on here quite a few people use the hardrace ones. Based on others experience would you go with hardrace over Eibach ones?

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hi mate.

Skunk 2 are supposed to be better than any of them. Grinspeed use DME which are used on Civic Cup cars. Can't comment on what any of them are like though as I don't have camber arms fitted. I think they'll all do a good job.

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Ah cool I will look into them, I saw a post somewhere you said the eibach ones rust after a year or so which got me thinking about different ones.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
they will all rust.

There are so many factors to take into account when you say one rusts more than another, miles driven in winter would be the biggest one.

cjh1981

Advanced Member
CaLi said:
they will all rust.

There are so many factors to take into account when you say one rusts more than another, miles driven in winter would be the biggest one.

Yeah good point, which ones you have on at the moment?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I know that, they're all prone to rust because of where they're situated but from what I've read the Skunk2 are the better ones.

On this subject, with ours being FWD. Why is fitting rear camber arms so important and why does it make such a difference? I'd have thought with them being FWD then just adjusting the camber on the front via bolts would help with the setup.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
rear camber an play part of how the car rotates, negative rear camber can cause understeer/ increase stability

ive pulled my rear arches to get my rear wheel as upright as possible and the difference in rotation combined with slightly stiifer rear end is fantastic. cant wait to test at oulton on tuesday

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Everyone says it's amazing the FRSU can't wait to see what difference it makes.

Rom

Advanced Member
I run Hardrace ones, they are fine so far, about 6 months over winter, car on drive, but not massive usage.
Grease the threads, clean the arms once in a while.

People expect to fit painted steel parts, never clean it, let it sit in crud, and never corrode.

cjh1981

Advanced Member
I'm thinking of getting the hardrace ones think Jono on here sells them but not sure.

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
I have skunk2 ones.
They look great and feel really well built

However they do not have the captive nut and are not supplied with a nut so you will need to source one and do not have a bracket for the ABS cable so i have had to cable tie mine on to the arms. Which in my opinion ruins the good look - bit of a let down on this front