TGM oil

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Sure someone may know but think your best bet is to phone and ask mate, some places write in on the invoice so might be worth checking that just in case

charliearli1234

cheers m8 ive just looked at my invoice and it says 5w-40 fully synthetic does it matter if its a different make tho?

dustyvip

Advanced Member
I'm in the same boat mate, I don't now what brand oil is in mine, so just e-mailed oilman for the best oil to top up with before I do a full oil change later on this year

SimonJames

Advanced Member
as long as its the same grade (5w-40 fully synth) then make doesnt much matter if just topping up

ollydc5

Advanced Member
cheers m8 ive just looked at my invoice and it says 5w-40 fully synthetic does it matter if its a different make tho?
Most decent tuners usually note down what was used, to be fair I try and stay to the same manufacturer when topping up. Even though it might be the same grade, don't think I'd mix a cheaper brand with my nice quality oil. Sure it might not make a difference but out of habit and a case of best practice I'd stick to what originally went in unless in an emergency. Sure you wouldn't be sticking any old oil in anyway

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
call Tom, its best to stick to the same brand, he always used to use castrol RS 10w60 (called edge sport now)but i dont think its so easy to get anymore

cpoh

Advanced Member
Wonder why he changed, 10w 60 is actually handy enough to get retail from motorfactors. Might be a different story buying by the drum.

charliearli1234

i phoned tom at TGM and he said 5w -40 oil he said it doesnt matter what you use to top up really just make sure it still full synthetic.
Thanks for the help :)